It's a wrap....slammed the door.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's a wrap....slammed the door.

Hello all, hope you are all having a good day.

This morning I told the xabf that I'm done, done, done. I've been done for a couple of months, but he just didn't take me seriously/believe it/in denial/whatever...

I haven't spoken to him or seen him since the first week in January, I have been very clear for a long while about having NOTHING to do with him when he is drinking. The odd communication has been by email, he is blocked on my phone.

There were some loose ends that needed to be tied off, all initiated by me extricating myself from him. He has been passive and has always said he doesn't want to end it, he loves me, he needs me, yada yada. Yesterday, same thing.

This all started the first week of January, I have always had hard boundaries, and had done some hard core detaching while being supportive of him seeking sobriety. He didn't like it, and declared on the 4th of Jan that I am controlling, nagging, I have to accept who he is and anyway what is the problem with him drinking.
So while pronouncing the whole love you, need you, there is no one else, I don't want to lose you thing, he steps up a gear with his drinking (if it's possible to drink more than every day to the point of passing out). He stops communicating and basically disappears.

I don't get the whole not taking seriously my ending it. We are in our 50's, not kids. I get it from the point of denial, wanting to be left to drink himself into an early grave etc... But what is it with the cruelty of not letting go.

Anyway, I've had it, had it a while back, just bemused by how dishonest and cowardly he is.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, but the first thing that came to my mind is to ask, Is he still even alive?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, and merrily carrying on in his one man world, or maybe one man and his new gf world. He's alcoholically alive and well.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He replied to comms yesterday saying he hasn't moved and still loves me, so I know he is alive, although today is Saturday, so alive in a manner of speaking...
Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh well . . . they do have this distorted idea of love I guess. And when you stop dancing to their tune, they still keep playing it.

One of the best sayings I read on here: "Not your monkey, not your circus."

Enjoy your weekend! Good thing about written messages is that you do not have to read them.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you block him?
Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I have blocked him.
You know what they say about leopards and spots...I wasted 3 years...but at least I will get, feel, be better. The leopard and his unchanging spots has only one way to go and that is down. Not sure after 30 years of drinking, he has a bottom.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunsun View Post
Yes I have blocked him. You know what they say about leopards and spots...I wasted 3 years...but at least I will get, feel, be better. The leopard and his unchanging spots has only one way to go and that is down. Not sure after 30 years of drinking, he has a bottom.
I am 50 and my STBXAH is about to be 51. He has been drinking since he was 13. And he is no where near hitting his bottom. He is completely in denial and isn't trying to stop. He has had to go work imposed two out patient rehabs and one inpatient rehab. Nothing has changed his thinking. He was arrested almost a year ago on DV and had to move out of our family home and live at his hunting camp and still no change. He is drinking to escape and I think deep down wants it to kill him. You are very strong! Keep up the good work and be glad you were not married to him and would have more to untangle.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
I am 50 and my STBXAH is about to be 51. He has been drinking since he was 13. And he is no where near hitting his bottom. He is completely in denial and isn't trying to stop. He has had to go work imposed two out patient rehabs and one inpatient rehab. Nothing has changed his thinking. He was arrested almost a year ago on DV and had to move out of our family home and live at his hunting camp and still no change. He is drinking to escape and I think deep down wants it to kill him. You are very strong! Keep up the good work and be glad you were not married to him and would have more to untangle.
I am 50 too, my tolerance of the crazy quacking, the abuse, the utterly ridiculous warped justifications he confabulated for his drinking and his utterly teeedddiiiooouuuuussssss me me me me me is zip. I tried detaching with love, I said I would support his sobriety if he chose it. He spat it all back at me in anger. True colours....run for the hills.

He had a good thing, probably his last chance at recovery, (he is 53) I am soooo much better than the arid existence we had. His loss...me, I see it as investing 3 years in the study of the odd behaviour of a truly sick man. Learnt lots, and also the realisation that I have everything to look forward to.

Don't get me wrong...I loved the man, I am truly sad, I have been very hurt, my kids have been hurt too (unforgivable). Enough is enough.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your strength is inspirational. I am sure your children are so appreciative for you and for your consistency in their lives.
There are days that I think I love my STBXAH. But I then realize I do not love who he is now. The man he is now, is no one that I would ever want around me or my children and what I feel for his treatment of us is the furthest thing from love. But I have loved him since I was 8 on different levels through the years. The boy I grew up with and dated in college is no longer here. This monster that I don't recognize has invaded his body and mind.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

I'm almost 54 and sober almost 4 years, but mentally I might be 25....
Old 04-18-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I'm almost 54 and sober almost 4 years, but mentally I might be 25....
ok?! Happy for your sobriety!
Old 04-18-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Searching peace, it's my kids that make me look deep into my behaviour and choices. I chose the wrong men - my ex H of 20 years is a raving narcissist , I then fell into the clutches of a psychopath and now an alcoholic. I've learnt my lesson. I don't want my kids to learn from my bad choices. I've been a single mum for 11 years and I've kept the strife away from to a certain degree. They are my responsibility, not a grown man who is like a toddler having a life long tantrum!!!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

just bemused by how dishonest and cowardly he is.

Sunsun, You have a very clear understanding of who he is.

You will be emotional uncomfortable for a bit, yes, it stings, and our emotions can get the best of us at times, but, No contact = no new hurt.

Happy, normal folks, stay focused on living their own lives, they don't dwell on the past, wondering what yesterday is doing.

Not only will it get easier in time, it starts to feel right.

Peace.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
[B] You have a very clear understanding of who he is.

You will be emotional uncomfortable for a bit, yes, it stings, and our emotions can get the best of us at times,
Yes, it does feel emotionally uncomfortable when the rose tinted glasses come off. For me anyway.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well done sunsun, and I hope your future is full of good things.