Methadone detox??

Old 04-09-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Methadone detox??

Hi there, My daughter checked into detox again and left AMA after one day. I have been with her since that day, trying to help her. I took a week off work, took her to the Oregon Coast, but she still found a way to use. I walked out to the car on Easter morning and saw her with a needle in her arm. It was awful. So I have to go back to work on Monday. She's in her room now, I turned her phone off last night because I think she has people dropping drugs off to her. Last night she said she wants to do a 4 day methadone detox. Just wondering if you have any advice. I haven't been sleeping so I don't trust my own brain right now.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to read that you are still struggling with the cycle your daughter is in. What has changed since last October when she was telling you about needing methadone, detoxing from it, then using again? Anything? I say this with kindness and concern, and much empathy. She is not finished.

My daughter recently told me that there was nothing I could have done to make her stop before she was ready to stop. True as it was, I've never worried so much in my life. Perhaps you need to put the focus on yourself and the rest of your family. She can get heroin without a cell phone. They are like magnets when they are using and can find H anywhere, and often girls can get it for free.

Please take care of yourself, CameraJen.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One more REALLY important thing: You should get a prescription for Narcan (naloxone) so if she overdoses in your presence, you can reverse it. I suspect it is available in your area through Harm Reduction programs, detox facilities, methadone clinics.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's just been the same pattern, detox after detox, stealing, using etc. a true nightmare. Thank you for your kind words.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GardenMama View Post
One more REALLY important thing: You should get a prescription for Narcan (naloxone) so if she overdoses in your presence, you can reverse it. I suspect it is available in your area through Harm Reduction programs, detox facilities, methadone clinics.
I had some but it was in her purse and was stolen. I'll have to get more asap