Notices

The Gift Of Starting Over

Old 04-05-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Gift Of Starting Over

Thought I would share an article I read.

Starting over can feel scary and overwhelming, yet many people have to do it at some point in their lives. And regardless of age, it usually feels like it’s too late to do it all over again. But what many people don’t realize is that we’re all designed to change and adapt.

Just think about it for a moment…

If something doesn’t change, it’s practically dead. Everything around you is constantly moving, growing, evolving, all the time… even YOU. Change is not always easy, and starting again in life isn’t either, especially when you have the added responsibility of supporting a family, but the trick is to not let your age or current situation define you. Oftentimes the pain of starting again comes from the fear of disappointment from your family and friends, but what you maybe don’t realize is that most of that fear comes from what you think people expect from you.

And the truth is, the only way you’ll ever be disappointed is if you never try.

Do I have the courage to change is the question we should ask ourselves. Just pray; God grant me the courage to change! And it shall be given, it's a gift.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 04-05-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this. Makes sense. Aligns with what I keep failing at. Making other life changes other than stopping drinking. I have a hard time moving from my comfort zone.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've drank a lot in self pity, and the reason I gave myself was, my drinking has already messed my life up so much, it's too late, no point in sobering up and turning my life around.
Sometimes I still think i'm too damaged from abusing alcohol to get better, but I push that thought away.
It's never too late. And I'm worth it.