Notices

had to fight off a "craving" this afternoon...

Old 04-03-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

had to fight off a "craving" this afternoon...

I've been sober sinch March 15th. Everything has been going really great. Earlier this week I actually forgot about drinking altogether. I've been focusing on all sorts of other projects latley.

Anyway, just about as I was leaving work today, a couple co-workers started talking about drinking tonight. Getting smashed. For whatever reason, I said I might too. I don't know why I said that. I had no plans to drink. It might have been a subliminal thought of social acceptance to say it. It was a fleeting thought and I finished my work and headed home. Did some house stuff for a couple hours, and just really couldn't shake the feeling of going out and grabbing an 18 pack. It was odd. Initially I didn't think about anything past those first 3 or 4 beers. This whole thought only lasted maybe a couple minutes. And I obviously didn't act on it. But it was there. I think it was me trying to reward myself for the last 2+ weeks of behaving.

Have a good night folks.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Went over to a friends house a few months ago. As soon as I walked in, I was handed a glass of wine. Had a few more after that. That resulted in losing the next two weeks, so feel proud of yourself for not giving in. John
Old 04-03-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny how such an off handed comment can plant a seed. I'm glad to hear you did not follow through on that!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Ramius.

I was tempted too in the early days. After all, it had been part of my life for decades. Every time I rose above the cravings I felt stronger. After awhile drinking hardly crossed my mind at all - it definitely gets better. You did great.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on riding it out. And that's how the AV works. You're fine and then all of a sudden you're like huh let me have a beer.

Great job seeing it for what it was
Old 04-03-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ramius great job on beating the cravings. I've been sober for a while and every once in a while the thought of drinking crosses my mind. But then I remember its just a thought and I don't have to act on it