i stuck with it hard

Old 03-31-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lesa

i stuck with it hard

MY daughter asked for money I said no..She tried the guilt trip and told me goodbye then ..I wrote said I love you .if that what you want ok..I cried stress it hurts so bad ..still hurts ..I want her to be well I want my daughter back ..she wont let go of her druggie friends or anything..sad ..
Old 03-31-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I just had to stick to my boundaries with one of my oldest closest friends who is on crack himself just this morning when he showed up at my house. I was in tears too. Like your daughter, he doesn't want to quit and let go of the druggies so I have to be no contact.
Boundaries are so painful to stick to sometimes because we just want to love them and they just want to take take take.
Him and I went through hell and back together and always had each other's back. I don't recognize that person but I know my best friend is inside somewhere and it hurts not to be able to help because he doesn't want to help himself.
Even though I did the right thing, I m feeling horrible right now but sharing and talking to friends in recovery really helps.
You are not alone
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We hurt because we have compassion for those who are not yet ready. Compassion is better than anger or judgement or blame...compassion says that our hearts care even though we can only watch and pray.

I keep your daughter in my prayers, Lisa, and will add your friend Carlotta. God bless and help the addict who still suffers. And bless those who love them.

Hugs
Old 03-31-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((lesa)) - I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I'm a recovering crack addict, abused a whole lot of other things.

What I can tell you is that I wouldn't have a little over 8 years in recovery if my dad hadn't said "I will not help you go down this path" or something similar.

I am also a recovering codie, so I know both sides of the addiction fence.

The same dad that did the "tough love" thing on me, enabled my stepmom who was also an addict. She died of an unintentional OD a little over a year ago. I couldn't help her, knowing all I did about addiction. My dad turned a blind eye to her addiction and he now has to live with that.

My niece, who is like my own child, was raised by stepmom and dad. Stepmom gave her pain pills, she got addicted, is now on methadone.

I love her as much as I could love a child of my own. I will not, however, help her destroy herself.

It's hard, it breaks my heart, but I have to depend on what helped me and I needed to hit my bottom. I needed to learn how to dig myself out of a really deep hole and find a reason to live again.

I am forever grateful for the people who held strong and set boundaries, and as hard as it is, I do the same for my niece and other A's who I love.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy