Notices

Quitting Oxy

Old 01-25-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Quitting Oxy

im a 25 yr old male. Your cliche all around good kid whether it be grades/family/ or sports. Was working a sales job and got introduced to OxyContin. I have been snorting 20-40 mg a day for about 3 months and I don't enjoy it anymore one bit. The way it is taking over my schedule and life is just insane. Has got to the point where it's the number one worry on my list everyday. As a "perfect" kid I have still gone through many troubling times in the last 5 years just like anyone else. These make me feel good, the pain goes away, and I am happy and smiling. I'm over the mood swings, spending my hard earned money, and fighting with friends over these things. I want to get well and never look back. I took my last 30 mg January 24 around noon. Took two .25 lorazepam at 10 pm to get me through the night. Woke up not feeling great and took 8 mg of suboxone. I'm scared of the withdrawals physically and emotionally from the oxy. I read around and talk to one friend but it's hard for me to trust him. I'm not sure the best way to get through withdrawals of oxy and what's normal and what's not? I don't know what to do or expect! I'm alone and very scared.

Can anyone please give me some knowledge and advice of how to get through oxy withdrawals and get my happy self back?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, I should inform you I have two 8 mg suboxone left...
Old 01-25-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

read on here, there is lots of support. just don't pick up it will pass.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for even replying, there is great stuff on here but I freak myself out. So I wanted to create a thread that would give my specific numbers and situation. That way I would have live support through the worst of it. Thank you again for the quick reply! Much appreciated.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Nash! Welcome to SR!

There are tons of Recovery stories throughout the Threads! There are multiple symptons you can have as well as multiple symptons you may not have! Everyone is different coming off their DOC.

The good thing is! You are young and haven't been using the Oxy's very long! That's a plus on your side!

Read around! You'll get loads of information!

TOD
Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good you are stopping now, i abused them for 2 years and it was hell used alcohol to stop the urge, but i became an alcoholic then so im in recovery for that now, i still get urges for oxys

Take care, read around it helps alot, also see your doctor if you can

Best of luck.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Withdrawing sucks :(

I was used to taking a lot of hydrocodone everyday.. Basically whenever I felt I need one.. Which was like every two hours mostly.. When I did withdraw a friend of mine who went thru the same thing had given Me like maybe a half of a suboxone and told me to just cut off the tiniest piece and snort it in the morning and you'll be good all day.. So I did and I honestly felt normal. I didn't have any physical symptoms at all and was able to sleep. The best thing is that I had absolutely no cravings at all.. I am on day 5 now and am trying not to take any of the suboxone at all unless I really feel the need to.. I've heard that it's way harder to get off the suboxone than anything and the withdrawals are 10xs worse... And maybe even if the little tiny line doesn't seem to help you can always take just a tad more? I know it's probably not the best thing to do with the suboxone but it worked for me
Old 02-01-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do not snort suboxone... Or anything else.

I also felt suboxone just made things worse for me, withdrawals felt more intense and lasted longer than other opiates. Some seem to have success though, but i just found it to be substituting. 3 months isnt that long you can fix this. Youre very aware to realize the troubles it can cause in just 3 months instead of letting years go by. Im not just saying this, you can do it, try not to substitute with any mind altering substance and just get through it. Youll be happy you did.

Also ditch anything/anyone in your life associated with those drugs, if you dont do that you will not stay clean. I had to let go of many close friends childhood friends after a long time of ignoring this rule, which kept leading me back to the **** whether it was days weeks months or years down the road. Change your number, delete numbers, etc. You can be your own worst enemy if you know someone's number to get stuff off of so dont save anyones number. I also would always get blindsided by those random texts/calls that someone had stuff asking if i needed something.

Good luck man keep posting here it helps
Old 02-01-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome young man! Glad your here keep posting and lots of helpful advise will be found on that topic.

Then recovery. And the real you can be seen and then lived. Good luck.

I'm no help in these kinds of withdrawals .... Except find support and then put focus on each day. One day to stay clean and not use no matter what .... As you go along and get stronger you can slowly build a beautiful life.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Withdrawals suck and suboxene helps but the withdrawal from suboxene has proven to be a lot worse so be aware of how often and how much you are taking.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nash how are you doing>