How quickly things change!

Old 01-04-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How quickly things change!

On Friday, email saying "I love you and my life is nothing without you."

Today, I found his online dating profile after I created one for myself and wanted to find him if he was on there so I could preemptively block him. It's been 5 days since I broke things off.

Who knows, maybe it's been up there for months. I don't really care except for health reasons. Hopefully this means he'll stop bothering me and move on. I pity the woman he finds, but hopefully she'll pick up the warning signs faster than I did. (Actually, I saw the warning signs very early, I just ignored them - NEVER AGAIN!)
Old 01-04-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It IS amazing how quickly things change! And the lies.......
It's all just too much.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you have chosen the right path!!

((((((((hugs)))))))))))) stay strong!!
Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My exabf did the same, He told me we were dating exclusively and found out he was on a dating site the whole time! GRRRR!! But I have come to realize they are not capable of any better! Hang in there! We are all better off without them!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I joined a dating site 11 years ago. I went on one date and decided it wasn't for me. I haven't thought about it for years. But I'm still on it I suppose. Someone could find me there. I don't even know my UN and PW. So remember it might be old and inactive.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No... No...., he is active on it and was since day one..and I have come to realize the lies are just part of the package with him. Isnt it with all A's????
Old 01-05-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to say the quicker he gets "distracted" by the next woman
the quicker you can relax and life gets back to normal.

Sounds like you got lots of useful "data" from this experience for next time Que--

He is still leaving you alone?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KissMyTiara View Post
I joined a dating site 11 years ago. I went on one date and decided it wasn't for me. I haven't thought about it for years. But I'm still on it I suppose. Someone could find me there. I don't even know my UN and PW. So remember it might be old and inactive.
No, it said he was online right then. Doesn't really matter, though (except for health reasons).

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I'm sorry to say the quicker he gets "distracted" by the next woman
the quicker you can relax and life gets back to normal.

Sounds like you got lots of useful "data" from this experience for next time Que--

He is still leaving you alone?
Agree. I'm not all that torn up about it. Just amused. He called me at work Friday night and emailed me Saturday morning, but it's been quiet since! So nice and peaceful!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Quesara , my story is identical!!! I just say to myself, "she can have him and she can have the hurt he causes". I knew it early on too..... So I am to blame too! We both need to end this destructive thinking and never put ourselves in such a low place! We all deserve better!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I thought it had tapered off, but then last night I come home to ANOTHER note taped on my door. He called me from his office at least 3x today, too (that was new...must have figured out I didn't block that phone number - only because I didn't know it). I finally decided that I'd had it and wrote him an email saying that his persistent harassment was leaving me no choice but to pursue getting it stopped through legal channels. He wrote back and apologized saying he just wanted to try to work it out but "If you have no feelings for me then I guess there is nothing I can do." It went silent after that. So funny to hear all that after he's the first one of us two to put up an online dating profile.

Speaking of online dating, the guy I was seeing non exclusively when I met my AXBF found my new profile and emailed me. He was pissed when I ended things after 2, maybe 3 dates. Wrote me a "Hah, guess it didn't work out!" email. Which, no, it didn't work out - but we went on 2 dates six month ago. GET OVER IT. Hard to believe, but my AXBF may have been the more sane one...

It hit me tonight when I got home from work that I may have been telling myself that I was more ok than I am. I suddenly feel very fragile (I guess...that's the best word I can find). I guess that's only to be expected given everything, but I'd sure like for it to get better soon.