Notices

43 days!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

43 days!

Am I nervous about going back to work tomorrow after a long break, heck yes! Did I pick up a drink to calm those nerves this weekend? Heck no! I replayed what would happen on Sunday morning and how that anxiety would be ten fold.

I am learning to forgive myself and know that I will get through tomorrow and that's enough because that's all I have to do for now. I think I had an epiphany in the shower.. lol just had that moment that will stick in my mind forever, as a reason not to pick up. All of the crappy things I did flashed through my mind, and I just laughed at the person who I used to be and said in my mind "Hey, it's ok, I forgive you and you never have to be that embarassing person again." "Just remember this"! Higher power?!?

Anyways, weird.... I thought I would share this experience because it was almost like a hug, telling me it's going to be ok.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

It will be ok, it can only get better!! Well done on 43 days, keep it going!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

way to go angd - keep on top of it, congrats on 43 days
Old 01-04-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Going back to work after being sick, vacation, holiday etc...always riddles me with anxiety. I go back tomorrow (medical leave) Anyhow, look back and remember how bad it was when you were drinking. Crap if I was drinking and was home the last 2 weeks...I wouldve been drunk the last 2 weeks. Tomorrow would have been an absolute nightmare. But...now its just a get back in the swing of things, cruddy monday LOL

Be proud!! You have some great sober time under your belt. We will knock out tomorrow and all will be fine!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 43 days...fantastic!
Old 01-04-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 43 days !

DD
Old 01-04-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It will be okay.None of us want to give in to temptation but if we do we have to start over right away.We want to be strong but have to remember that if we fall back we need to have a plan in place to get back on our feet.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on 43 Days!!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time! I've been on break from work/school for two weeks. I always feel anxious on returning too although not really sure why as I've been sober awhile. I'm feeling pretty squirrely right now as I think it is the "old messages" or old memories reminding me that these were the nights I would get plastered being in denial about returning and the first day back always sucked as I was hungover. I do know, however, that once I get up, start drinking coffee and getting ready for work and actually starting my day at work, I always always always feel better. I hope the same for you too!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

That's awesome I love your mindset.