Notices

38 days...

Old 12-29-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay positive.

38 days...

So, my 30 day mark totally snuck up on me! I was looking at the calendar today and I saw the number 38 and was shocked. Time flies when you're sober I haven't been on much lately due to the holidays and my crazy schedule with work and family, but this has been my toughest week thusfar. Work has been stressing me out beyond belief and out of habit I reached for wine two nights in a row, and had to put it down... which was extremely difficult for me since I am so used to de-stressing with my wine. I also had to talk myself off the ledge a few times on xmas eve, but with a supportive family and boyfriend I was able to control myself.

There seem to be much more 'ups' with sobriety than what I was feeling a week or so ago. I find myself controlling my reactions better, having clearer judgment, and being able to really feel emotions without masking them with alcohol. Definitely some down sides too... I am replacing my booze with sweets and gaining weight left and right, which is making my body image plummet... and my insecurities rise. I need another fixation, lol. If only celery tasted as good as candy I also have a lot of remorse for what I have done to people in the past. I am starting to have more and more flashbacks and memories of my drunken rages and fits and there are days when it brings me to my knees. I know it will get better though with time. Just wanted to check in- thank you SR for being a huge support through my sobirety xoxo
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will get better. I just accepted the feelings how they came and it was nice to actually feel something. Keep coming back it works.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 38 days, blue eyes.

You are doing beautifully.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it will get better

It will get better. I just accepted the feelings how they came and it was nice to actually feel something. Keep coming back it works.