Notices

Low (continued)

Old 12-26-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Low (continued)

I've just returned from a family event and had a lot of anxiety throughout. It was only a small group but I really struggled to talk due to being in a cycle of anxiety. The anxiety I believe just kept repeating.

It's the feeling so low , mixed with the anxiety that makes it so difficult to make conversation, chat and be myself- Not that I was really outgoing and talkative, but I could have interesting chats with people and accept conversation pauses without them causing rumination.

It's early days still on the ad's (11 days), hoping for a lift soon at least that little bit so I can build my recovery.

Still sober though, which my girlfriend is pleased about 😀
Old 12-26-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stewy, do you get panic attacks? You might ask your doctor about a beta blocker. It isn't addictive and is sometimes used to treat stage fright. I take a very low dose, 25mg of atenolol and it works for me. I have a very minor heart thing. Also, you might try breathing exercises that are very calming.

Ask your doctor. Your therapist should know, or whoever is prescribing the anti D.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-26-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Stewy hang in there bud your doing really well it wont always be like this youl start to feel better soon enough

in the meantime keep reading keep posting lean on SR for support whenever you like
Old 12-26-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Stewey,
I just registered but I really know how you feel. I've been off of AD's for about 6 months now but I need to start taking them again. I felt really nervous around my own family this Christmas which sounds bad.

I've been on all sorts of AD's through about 20 years now. It does take a couple weeks before things start kicking in. In the meantime the best thing you can do is start exercising if you don't already.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RockySurf View Post
Hey Stewey, I just registered but I really know how you feel. I've been off of AD's for about 6 months now but I need to start taking them again. I felt really nervous around my own family this Christmas which sounds bad. I've been on all sorts of AD's through about 20 years now. It does take a couple weeks before things start kicking in. In the meantime the best thing you can do is start exercising if you don't already.
I'm like you, I came off them for a similar time as felt much much better.

I just hope that the "kick in" is yet to come because the way I'm feeling right now is not really giving me any sort of a fighting chance