step two

Old 12-26-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

step two

What is step two, what does it mean?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

I assume you are referring to AA's step two. "Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

Do you drink even though you know it's not good for you or good for those you love. If you do, that's insane!

Have you tried to quit drinking and been unsuccessful?

Do you think that there might be help, (outside of your own willpower what you have tried on your own to address your drinking) that can help you to stop drinking?

If you have answered yes to these questions then have done the minimum necessary and complete step 2.

I would recommend you read the first 164pages of the book Alcoholics Anonymous. You can read it online here ---->The text of Alcoholics Anonymous.
The steps are on page 59.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hello and welcome to SR unome .
Old 12-27-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome unome

Good to meet you !
Old 12-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

for me step 2 means do i believe that i need help for my drink problem or can i do it on my own
i know i can not beat the drink on my own as i had tried over and over again to stop drinking and i couldn't do it

only when i went into aa ( the power greater than me ) did i find the help i needed to give up the drink and still stay stopped

being around sober minds over a long period rubs off big time in terms of being restored to sanity
of course i never knew or thought i was insane i just thought i had a drink problem, but like a jay walker keeps on trying to jump out in front of moving traffic and hopes he doesnt end up dead or hurt i would do the same thing but with drink, i would know what the drink does to me yet i would still drink and hope things might be different each time i drank

i think it took me longer to accept the fact i was insane rather then the idea that i needed a higher power in my life like aa

i was convinced i was ok if only i didnt drink but later on steps 4 and 5 show me just how insane i had been for all my life with or without drink when i got truly honest about me that is.