My decision is maybe!

Old 12-19-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

My decision is maybe!

You Can’t Score a Goal Sitting on the Sidelines
Excerpt from Expect to Win
by John Mason

After his first audition, a casting director told actor Sidney Poitier, “Why don’t you stop wasting people’s time and go out and become a dishwasher or something?” It was at that moment, recalls Poitier, that he decided to devote his life to acting. He wasn’t going to let someone else decide his life path.

“There’s nothing in the middle of the road, but yellow stripes and dead armadillo,” says Jim Hightower. Decide to do something now to make your life better. The choice is yours.

“My decision is maybe—and that’s final.” Is this you? Being decisive is essential for a successful life. If you deny yourself commitment, what will you do with your life? Every accomplishment, great or small, starts with a decision.

David Ambrose remarked, “If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don’t, you have achieved half your failure.”

The moment you definitely commit yourself, change begins. All sorts of things happen to help you that never would have otherwise occurred. Kenneth Blanchard observed, “There is a difference between interests and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you only do it when it is convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” Lack of decisiveness has caused more failures than lack of intelligence or ability.

Indecision often gives an advantage to the other person because they did their thinking beforehand. Helen Keller said, “Science may have found a cure for most evil; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all—the apathy of human beings.” Don’t leave a decision for tomorrow that needs to be made today.

Remember, don’t be a “middle-of-the-roader” because the middle of the road is the worst place to try to go forward. You can do everything you ought to do once you make a decision. Today, decide on your dream.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very true, today and tomorrow, I remain committed to sobriety.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
You Can’t Score a Goal Sitting on the Sidelines
Excerpt from Expect to Win
by John Mason

After his first audition, a casting director told actor Sidney Poitier, “Why don’t you stop wasting people’s time and go out and become a dishwasher or something?” It was at that moment, recalls Poitier, that he decided to devote his life to acting. He wasn’t going to let someone else decide his life path.

“There’s nothing in the middle of the road, but yellow stripes and dead armadillo,” says Jim Hightower. Decide to do something now to make your life better. The choice is yours.

“My decision is maybe—and that’s final.” Is this you? Being decisive is essential for a successful life. If you deny yourself commitment, what will you do with your life? Every accomplishment, great or small, starts with a decision.

David Ambrose remarked, “If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don’t, you have achieved half your failure.”

The moment you definitely commit yourself, change begins. All sorts of things happen to help you that never would have otherwise occurred. Kenneth Blanchard observed, “There is a difference between interests and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you only do it when it is convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” Lack of decisiveness has caused more failures than lack of intelligence or ability.

Indecision often gives an advantage to the other person because they did their thinking beforehand. Helen Keller said, “Science may have found a cure for most evil; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all—the apathy of human beings.” Don’t leave a decision for tomorrow that needs to be made today.

Remember, don’t be a “middle-of-the-roader” because the middle of the road is the worst place to try to go forward. You can do everything you ought to do once you make a decision. Today, decide on your dream.
^^^^^ This, every single word.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Captainzing, I always enjoy these posts from you. They are inspiring. This post really spoke to me since I am venturing down a new career path and I sometimes have doubts. Thank you!!
Old 12-19-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Whether you think you Can
or you think you Can't
You're Right!

Henry Ford
Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guess it's a definite maybe then.... doh!

Thanks for the wisdom Captain. I already put in a half hour picking the music lessons.

It will be three a days for a while until my fingers get 'into shape'. Then I can spend more time studying.

I'm finding myself starting to become more goal oriented over the past couple months.

I agree, there is DO or DON'T - Just thinking about it is the same as don't in my world.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A wise man once said:

"Sh** or get off the pot"

Amen
Old 12-19-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Cap thank you

Exellent post
Old 12-19-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 12-19-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

I really needed to read that today. Thank you, Cap
Old 12-19-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's exactly what I did back in July 2013 after countless attempts and a drinking life of more than 30 years. I simply decided that I'm done with Alcohol.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What an awesome post Captain!!!

Thank you so much for that ~ I am going to copy and paste it into my recovery file right away. I think many of us will benefit from the effort you put into that... ♥

Love V xx