Notices

Checking in...

Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in...

Hi All, feels like I've been away for a bit. I was paranoid about work monitoring our internet activity after some updates, but then I decided...eh, whatever. So what if I'm on this site?? I could be on it for any reason, right? Anyways, I've been lurking in the evenings, just not really posting.

I had a decent sober stretch, was doing really well. And then...Thanksgiving hit. Ugh. Had drinks at home with the family...I just. COULD. NOT. TAKE. IT. Oh well. After that, it was fine...UNTIL my work Christmas party this past Friday. Drank again. I don't know why, I guess I was too nervous about being awkward about it otherwise. The only good thing is that I'm not taking these instances as any proof at all that I can or want to moderate. I don't even like it anymore. I wish I could say that I have 2 full months but I don't. In these past few months though, I've had one off drinking days but nothing too bad, so I'm at least happy about that.

So I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here...I'm still fighting the good fight. I'm going to stay a little more active here, it seemed to help in the past, I think I just let my guard down a bit.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! To the posting side of things I mean.

Occasions, as you know will keep rising, next it's Christmas. Maybe start preparing ahead? The up down, up down, up down can get tiring after a while and grinds at our will power.

So why not yank the plug for good and have a sober Christmas and start a kick butt new year!

Keep trucking!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Lola; nice to see you!!!

Families, holidays and holiday parties can be real triggers. Glad to hear that you are still fighting the fight.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Lola! Good to see you again.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lola!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice to see you Lola. I think the key is in what you said. You don't even enjoy it anymore. That sounds pretty honest to me. Use that thought as motivation. You can do it!