Notices

New

Old 12-09-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hi, I'm new, I'm shy. I know I have a problem with drinking and hoping this site will help. I'm 28 and live in Fort Laud. I am a perfectionist and don't feel comfortable telling anyone I know I have a problem except my BF. He always said, once you start to have to lie or hide, it's a problem. I've been hiding it for months and recently started to lie about what I drink, so I guess it's time to try something new. Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi sober bunny, welcome! I am shy too, something I'm always working on. Glad you're here!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard soberbunny

D
Old 12-09-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I found that in order to stop drinking, I had to change everything in my life that revolved around drinking--which was most of my life. I hope you are prepared to make some major changes too!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 12-09-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I new I had a "bit" of a problem when I not only lied to others about my drinking but also lied to myself.

Putting a shot of vodka into a glass of wine sure makes the bottle last longer

Almost on 9 months and sometimes still feel a bit irritable and short tempered.

You can do it....I did, and still deal with it everyday But, it does get easier !
Old 12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome soberbunny! I am glad you are here!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome. Stay sober and keep checking in here and ask for help if you need it.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. It's a great site.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome, Soberbunny

Glad you found us.

Feel free to post with your problems and questions, read around for wisdom.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I woke up today and haven't been out of bed yet. Feeling worthless and lonely. Things need to be done but I can't just get up and do them. I would literally pay someone for a hug right now. I think things are such a mess they won't ever be fixed. I feel like a weirdo and a really ugly girl. I'm pretty isolated, I don't have many friends and my family lives in another state. My bf is out of the country as well and will be for Christmas. It's so easy just to turn on TV and drink til I pass out and sleep til 12. I used to be outgoing as a kid but now I feel like I have so many secrets. For example I am a sex worker, which most people look at as a disgusting profession even though I enjoy it. I also drink too much and I'm a victim of abuse as a child and also physical domestic abuse as a grown up. My dad is an alcoholic and he visited over thanksgiving and it made me so sad because he is falling apart, dying. Nothing I can do for him and I resent him for all the times he hurt me and he is never proud of me. I'm sorry guys I'm just having a bad day but today will be the first day I don't drink. I'm trying. I'm trying.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome, soberbunny. You will find support, understanding and encouragement here.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by Soberbunny View Post
Thanks guys. I woke up today and haven't been out of bed yet. Feeling worthless and lonely. Things need to be done but I can't just get up and do them. I would literally pay someone for a hug right now. I think things are such a mess they won't ever be fixed. I feel like a weirdo and a really ugly girl. I'm pretty isolated, I don't have many friends and my family lives in another state. My bf is out of the country as well and will be for Christmas. It's so easy just to turn on TV and drink til I pass out and sleep til 12. I used to be outgoing as a kid but now I feel like I have so many secrets. For example I am a sex worker, which most people look at as a disgusting profession even though I enjoy it. I also drink too much and I'm a victim of abuse as a child and also physical domestic abuse as a grown up. My dad is an alcoholic and he visited over thanksgiving and it made me so sad because he is falling apart, dying. Nothing I can do for him and I resent him for all the times he hurt me and he is never proud of me. I'm sorry guys I'm just having a bad day but today will be the first day I don't drink. I'm trying. I'm trying.
(((Hugs)))

It may sound cliche, but take it one day at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself with the "maybes" or the "should'ves, could'ves, would'ves". Just deal with today & what happens today.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just writing this out made me feel much better. I am one to isolate and I am always afraid someone will find out the sad things I write and then belittle me for it. But I know here you guys don't know me, and there's no way anyone in my real life can find this so its nice. I think I will get up and try to be happy. I have a few things to do and I know if I get everything done I will feel good. I'm already thinking "when you get everything done reward yourself with just one Corona." No!! Alcohol has made me fat and made my skin ugly! Plus who knows what it's done inside of me. Thankfully out bodies are strong and can heal. I'll take my vitamins and eat a good meal instead. Thanks guys this really helps.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome Soberbunny. You're in the right place
Old 12-10-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome, Soberbunny ((((((hugs)))))))
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The worst thing alcohol does to us in our own minds. It makes us think wrong and not see reality. The truth is we are all beautiful people and deserving of love and kindness from all people. But alcohol can make it feel like this is not the truth and that all our faults and fall out from life is just too overwhelming.

Stay with it, we are all pulling for each other and when you start to get more and more time away from the alcohol you will feel so much better.

Sending you the best wishes for your journey! And keep reaching out!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You can do this!!!