Notices

day 3

Old 11-30-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3

Going into day 3 thinking of alcohol... im so fearful of failing... i want to drink if im upset, or if im celebrated an happy... i need a plan an quick.... i really want to make it through day 3.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Make a plan to stay on here and read today. Old posts, new, doesn't matter. You can do it!
Old 11-30-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

we who drink, use alcohol for anything. escape frustration, relax after a good day at work, relax after a bad day at work, celebrate this celebrate that.... these serve only to justify our drinking... the drinking becomes the priority, not the reason to...just relax,, i mean it. i went to visit local pet store yesterday, poof 1 hour of day sober.
instead of being fearful of failing,,, try embracing hope of success. move in that direction. a relapse now for you i would not consider failure, but certainly not a success... you need to address each day for what it is... a challenge... i am using neglected projects to keep me busy. you need a plan,a good one is prob starring you in the face. look at it, and accept it...look forward to a life without alcohol dependence.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Make a plan. How about a project around the house? Could be anything-cleaning out closets, re-organizing etc.....Go for a walk, go get a coffee at a cafe, see a movie, go to the bookstore and browse around etc....Fill your day now! Write a list of what you are going to do today. You need to get busy and get out of your own head.

You can do this!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Eric, you beat me to the punch.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are doing great. That first week can be hard. I am glad you are posting. My advice for the first week. DO NOT TAKE THE FIRST DRINK, no matter what. Really, the first week. I think it is that simple. Start making a plan to stay sober. Think of things to do when a craving hits. Most cravings don't last more then 15 minutes. Take a shower, go for a walk, call a friend. Whatever it takes. I ate a peanut butter jelly sandwich or had a bowl of ice cream. That usually made me forget about drinking. Just do whatever it takes. You can do this. The second week is easier. We are all here for you.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey tonib-

The first week or so might be very tough, I know. What I did, that seemed to help, was to tell myself that alcohol is completely and without compromise, off of the table- period.

Somebody in here used the analogy of a person who suffers from serious peanut allergies. This person might really enjoy peanuts, as well as crave them, but they realize and accept the fact that they can no longer have them, or they face serious problems. This can also be applied to alcohol as well, if you're willing to have the mindset to do so.

You CAN do this, and you need to know that. You can be strong should you choose to. Remember that!

I am wishing you well and I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Lusher
Old 11-30-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

How's it going, Toni ?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3 no matter what it is a choice to drink ....you can make sure that doesnt happen

ive sent some very useful links print these off keep them they will help

well done again on day 3 Toni
Old 11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic!!

Building up your support and creating a few new tools for the toolbox of life are the way forward for when those times come in life!!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

My plan for a difficult day is usually just to stay on here. I have SR on my phone and tablet, so I pretty much always have it with me. It's the only way I can stay focused at times.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Still here you guys an sober but i reallllly want a drink..
Old 11-30-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi there! I'm with ya Tonib- this is also my day three. We can successfully do this day too!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
Still here you guys an sober but i reallllly want a drink..
Instead of focusing on not being able to drink, focus on the positives of living sober. There are many. Make a list of all the good things that will come from staying sober. Read the list often.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yay, Toni so good for coming here...I hope this helps...
I had watched Craig Ferguson the late show host for 10 min on alcoholism....he said" he didn't have an alcohol problem, he had a thinking problem"...
it meant a lot to me because that is how I feel....
Craig Ferguson Talks About Life As A Recovering Alcoholic - YouTube

Booze was running my thinking instead of me running my thinking...I didn't want to drink and I would have no idea who that woman was running to the bottle shop 2 minutes after I had resolved not to drink....who the hell is she!!!

AVRT, is a good fit for me because I it allows me to take back the control away from woman that keeps drinking (AV) regardless of what I wanted...
Some great info in the secular section on this site.