Notices

so lonely

Old 11-20-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so lonely

Hello, I don't even know where to start, I'm lonelydoll, I'm a mother of 4 and married to an Alcoholic, I have had 2 babies and 4 deaths in the last 3 years! One of which was my mom...I'm so broken and my marriage is falling apart, because my husband doesn't feel he has a problem. My life is gone down hill the past 3 years and its ready to crash! I have no support, no friends, and my family has fallen apart! I moved away from them all to live in a small town with my husband. He is a good person, and he's not abusive, just drinks too much. I feel so lonely and heart broken. I guess I'm just looking for someone who understands and relate to my situation.

Last edited by lonelydoll; 11-20-2014 at 01:03 AM. Reason: adding to what i wrote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, lonelydoll. I'm glad you found us. Have you looked at the friends and family of addicts section of SR? I'm sorry for what you're going through but you'll find a lot of support here!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey sweetheart! i am so sorry about what you have been through and what you are dealing with now. Its not uncommon for spouses of alcoholics to become alienated. I know because I am an alcoholic, married to one and raised by one. Im glad you reached out to us. Please do check out the "friends and family" section. The most important thing is you and your kids. No one deserves to go though this.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

A very warm welcome to you, lonelydoll I'm so sorry you've had such a difficult time. You'll find many friends and much understanding here
Old 11-20-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome lonelydoll

You'll find a lot of understanding and support here, both in this forum and our Family and Friends forums too

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 11-20-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!!

I hope that here you can begin to find a little support and insight that will become an island for you to get relief and comfort....

You can build from there.

A lot of people here know just what you're going through.

Also - one thing I am in the process of learning is how to be there for ME.... Loneliness is a common issue for those of us impacted by addiction. Remembering to love and support ourselves by being there for US is something I believe is crucial.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi.
I’m sorry for your pains involving alcohol and deaths close to you. I believe Al-Anon, a free help groug would be an excellent way to preserve and regain sanity.

Al-Anon/Al ateen, Al-Anon Family Groups, or Al-Anon, are different terms for the same "worldwide fellowship that offers a program of recovery for the families and friends of alcoholics, whether or not the alcoholic recognizes the existence of a drinking problem or seeks help."[1] Alateen "is part of the Al-Anon fellowship designed for the younger relatives and friends of alcoholics through the teen years."[

BE WELL
Old 11-20-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to the forum and the site LD
Old 11-20-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Lonelydoll! You'll find lots of support and many friends right here at SR, you don't have to be alone in this. Stick around!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, lonelydoll! It sounds like you've been through a lot recently; I'm so sorry for your losses. We are here to support you.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome. I am glad that you found us and as others as have said, the family and friends board could be good for you. You are not alone anymore!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by lonelydoll View Post
Hello, I don't even know where to start, I'm lonelydoll, I'm a mother of 4 and married to an Alcoholic, I have had 2 babies and 4 deaths in the last 3 years! One of which was my mom...I'm so broken and my marriage is falling apart, because my husband doesn't feel he has a problem. My life is gone down hill the past 3 years and its ready to crash! I have no support, no friends, and my family has fallen apart! I moved away from them all to live in a small town with my husband. He is a good person, and he's not abusive, just drinks too much. I feel so lonely and heart broken. I guess I'm just looking for someone who understands and relate to my situation.
Most of us are good people who have done bad things. Perhaps seek understanding in Al-Anon group.

Counseling might be useful and perhaps getting outside the environment with church activities or clubs??

You are not alone here Good people who can empathize. You might want to check out the Family & Friends are on SR as well.

Kind Regards,
FlyN
Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, lonelydoll; you will find support, understanding and comfort here.

I am so sorry for the losses in your life.

As Flynbuy mentioned, you might Al-Anon very helpful.

Glad you found SR, lonelydoll.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do hope that you find some peace in your life.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome, Lonelydoll

It is hard to be isolated and alone, I'm glad you reached out for support x