First time

Old 11-08-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

First time

So I am in serious trouble in work but iam dealing with it. but as I lay in bed last night thinking about it all I realised AH wasn't the first person I thought about to turn or wish I could turn to actually he never entered my head to turn to at all!!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Butterfly....that is a good sign! A significant sign.

dandylion
Old 11-08-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Sorry about the work troubles, but congratulations on that solid little baby step! Such a seemingly insignificant thing can mean so much regarding your growth! You obviously know that, or you wouldn't have chosen to share it with us. Thanks.

I work with infants, and watching them learn to walk is a fascinating thing. They fall a lot, and bump their heads a lot, but what starts off as one or two tentative steps soon becomes confident strides (still with a fair amount of bumps and bruises, however). It's a great analogy for what you and I are going through, and I've always loved that you have "baby steps" right there under your name.

So, are we toddlers now? That would mean we're extremely temperamental, but exceptionally cute and lovable. Yep, that'll work.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I usually know that my work life/performance is reflective of what is going on in my personal life. I think when you are happy at home, you are better at work...if that makes sense.

When I have a lot of drama in my personal life and am oversensitive or defensive, I also know that I have a tendency to be like that at work too. Maybe take a step back...like I had to do. My drama was carrying over into my work performance and the only thing that could have made my situation worse was if I lost my job.

Try to focus on work and improving that situation, that is your livelihood and if youre thriving at work, you will be more independent from husband!

Sometimes I think I wanted the crisis so he would snap out of his addiction and be there for me and turn his life around. You are going through so much, you do not want to lose your job on top of everything else.

I am sorry. I know the feeling of "when it rains, it pours". Hope this helps!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
So I am in serious trouble in work but iam dealing with it. but as I lay in bed last night thinking about it all I realised AH wasn't the first person I thought about to turn or wish I could turn to actually he never entered my head to turn to at all!!
Outstanding!!

I've looked to my A for so long to fix or handle certain areas of my life and certain kinds of problems, so I can appreciate just how big a step this is for you. I'm so glad you shared your progress!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

I work with infants, and watching them learn to walk is a fascinating thing. They fall a lot, and bump their heads a lot, but what starts off as one or two tentative steps soon becomes confident strides (still with a fair amount of bumps and bruises, however). It's a great analogy for what you and I are going through, and I've always loved that you have "baby steps" right there under your name.

So, are we toddlers now? That would mean we're extremely temperamental, but exceptionally cute and lovable. Yep, that'll work.[/QUOTE]

I love your analogy especially the cute and loveable bit. I can live with that!!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thank you everyone