no meeting

Old 11-06-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no meeting

I was suppose to go to naranon meeting last night but daughter didnt make irt home to take care of my 37 yr old son who is paralized . This happened because of high blood pressure n had been doing 3 days of meth before it happened with A H. Now its me taking care of him. I have help so i can work but im exhausted. Emotional y n physically. I really was looking forward to going so i could feel better. Meth has tore my family apart. This may sound bad but im tired of picking up the pieces of meth. This part cant be helped now my son is paralized and my AH is living in a quite apartment n no kids no constant craziness. Its go go go for me. I didnt do nothing wrong. I was a great wife a great mother and now im the one stuck with the after effects oof meth. Not f***** fair.Im so mad n its only 4:30 in morning going to work n starting this s*** all over. Sorry just ranting. Thank God for SR:
Old 11-06-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning, jodigrind11.

I started to not check on the board this morning because I'm so busy at work, but I read your post and then went back and read all your posts. Of all the stories on this board, I don't think I've ever come across a story like yours. What I did notice, though, as that you have followed everyone's suggestions, trying with all your might, reaching out for help. God bless you. You have more on your plate than anybody I know of, and I'm sincere when I say that. You're doing all you can do, trying to get to a meeting, taking care of your paralyzed son, working, grandchildren. I'll tell you what, I can't be there to help you out, but I'll pray my butt off for you. I feel so sad for you. What courage and strength you have for not giving up. Driving a school bus is a very, very important job. Drive safely and protect those children you're responsible for. In the city I just moved from the school bus driver was addicted to pain pills, ran off the road, and killed a 6-year-old little boy. She's getting off scott free and it makes me so angry. Take care of yourself the best you can. You have HUGE responsibilities. Again, God bless you. We here at SR are praying for you and your situation.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jodi, sometimes life deals us more than we can handle and we feel resentful and overwhelmed...but in the end, it is what it is and we find courage and strength somehow to move on and do what we need to do.

You ARE a wonderful person and a good mother and your son is so blessed to have you to care for him.

Are there any support groups that can help you with him, maybe giving you some time for yourself or physical help with housework and things that can wear you out?

My prayers go out for you, that somehow you find some relief from the pressure and rest from the work and peace for your heart.

Hugs
Old 11-06-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Jodi,
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your family...and I thought I had it bad? How
can you think you're a bad mom? You care and have done so much for your family...
don't let addiction take that a away from you too!
Don't be alone, we are here!!
It's overwhelming, isn't it? And what to do with the craziness?
My husband also lives in his cozy quiet apartment, away from the drama that addiction
brought into the home. My two RADs might be sober, but their mouths are not, you know?
Constant complaining...anyway I just wanted to chime in that I care about you
and would be there in a minute to help you if I could...a meeting right about now
sounds so good, doesn't it?
My kind, hopeful thoughts and prayers going your way...take it easy on yourself at work, take advantage of that in home help with your son, do something for YOU! Something
that will bring you some peace and quiet.
Gentle hugs to you on this crazy day!
TF
Old 11-06-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

jodigrind11--I am sending prayers and care your way. you have a lot on your plate and clearly haven't given up. glad you are here.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a friend with a disabled adult child. She gets a lot of help from the State - respite care, money, medical, equipment, counseling.

I hope you are taking full advantage. You don't have to be alone in this. I'm sure the hospital can put you in touch with support groups for caretakers, as well. You will get through this, but please make time for yourself.

I can't imagine how difficult your life must be.

((hug))
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just want to let you know I am here, reading this, that I support you and am praying for you. Life seems overwhelming yet you keep going forward.

Tight hugs, we are here with you!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning, Jodigrind11.

I pray you have a day filled with peace and comfort, knowing things are going to get better. I hope you've been able to make some solid plans for getting to a meeting. I've never met a more caring, helpful, and compassionate group of people than are in those meetings. I've been in recovery for 17 years and there's no place I'd rather be than amongst a group of people who truly understand where I've been and who are able to share with me the things they've done that have helped them live through the tough times. God bless you.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jodi,
I did fight the thought of going to a meeting and telling
everyone about my children and the disease they both have and the terrible things...lying
stealing, manipulations, jail etc that they both did. After trying many different "groups", one night, I walked into the meeting, I was greeted so warmly and the group all seemed to have gone thru the same dramas and heartache that I had. After a year in this group
I am very comfortable with each member and can talk AND cry AND grieve
with each other and accept and be comforted by the members.
And you know what? I am now one of those people who walk to the door and welcome
and greet the newbies, because I know all too well that frightened, exhausted, lost look on their faces.
My group is called "Friends and Family of Affected People" similar to Alanon. We have Codie's, a few addicts, recovering people and lots of mommas...
We meet every Tuesday evening at the Behavioral Health Clinic.
No matter what your group is called, what is important is that the support is there
and shared. IMO, I might have given myself a heart attack with worry and guilt if I hadn't opened up and "spilled my guts" to other parents and friends going thru the chaos that addiction brings to a family.
Life does deal us some very harsh cards, ones we don't understand at first...and
As soon I stopped the "what iffing"or "digging" my healing and
understanding began. I am more healthy today. So please take full advantage of all
the different types/kinds of support groups...make that call...also remember that
We care about you and now, let YOU care about you!
Hugs!
TF