Notices

I hate that my dealer has my number....

Old 09-27-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

I hate that my dealer has my number....

And he randomly texts me "I'm good,"

Me thinks I need to try and get my cell phone number changed when my bill becomes due again. Hopefully they will do it without charging me a bunch of money

Would definitely make my recovery a little easier
Old 09-27-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Or you can block his number. I was quite amazed, when one of my dope boys called me and I told him "I quit that ****". He said "good for you! I won't call you back" and he never did. I still have one dope boy on the book of faces, only because when I relapsed, he was furious and told me I didn't belong in that world, go back home and get on with my life. Last I heard, he was in prison, again, but he always told me he wished he could be like me, leave the stuff behind and do good in life.

He reminds me of what my future would hold had I still been using. I've been clean for several years, though. If I was new to recovery and getting texts or calls from one of my boys? I'd block them. I had to block my stepbrother, a rating alcoholic from the book of faces, and for his number, I put his name and "jackazz" to make me think twice before answering the phone. Maybe change your dealers name to "death", "think twice" or something like that.

You could also text back "Not doing that ****anymore, do not text or call me". My phone plan allows 5 numbers to block for free. Maybe check into that?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-27-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Thanks, yeah I dont know if I am able to block numbers or not

I did tell him I was done using and he was cool and supportive about it, but then he still texts me occasionally.

He actually just texted me a couple minutes ago while I was reading my BB...
Old 09-27-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pickle, you certainly can block numbers. I had to do it too. Not exactly from a dealer but a friend who knows the dealer. Saturday night at 2am I would get myself in trouble because I was always drunk then searching for the next 'high' (cocaine).

If you need to know how to block numbers, just Google the model of your phone and you should get a step-by-step breakdown of how to do it.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

I know it is possible with most services but I dont know if it is with mine or not
Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Google is your friend Type in your phone service and find out what it takes to block numbers. I'm on Verizon, know it can be done easily.

Pretty sure most carriers have the function to block. Some may charge you, but how much does peace of mind cost you? It's pretty obvious your dealer is still trying to lure you back. Cut him off.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-27-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you have a newer iphone, you can block anything you want.

Otherwise, different providers can help.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Yeah I have an old old phone so it's going to be a bit more challenging. I will talk to my service provider when I go in to pay my bill this coming week
Old 09-27-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Block. Doesn't depend on the phone. No excuses!! Your sobriety is first and foremost.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

I dont think you are listening, or rather reading... I dont have a traditional cell phone service or a new phone. I have found no current way to block a number with everything I have looked at so far. So I will explore the option when I get into the cell phone store, which is actually a check-cashing place in the nearest town to mine.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like a trac phone. Shouldn't be a big deal - Just have them assign a new number, unless you really need to keep the old one for business. Might be good to get a fresh start and only give the number to people who you want to have it anyhow.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

yeah it's kinda like a tracphone a little bit, but it's through the government pre-paid system

I have no excuse to not change it or to not block the number, it's just a matter of getting up there and doing it on Monday. Which I will do. And I will report back once said thing is done, because that will put me closer to my 1 week
Old 09-28-2014, 02:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was in exactly the same situation, so I changed my number- it doesn't cost anything, and it makes you feel really good because you have taken a decisive step towards sobriety.

I tried blocking the number at first, but the problem with that is that your phone will probably store it as a blocked number somewhere on your phone, so in a moment of weakness you can still access it.

Take the step!
Old 09-28-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Originally Posted by Chasingthedream View Post
I was in exactly the same situation, so I changed my number- it doesn't cost anything, and it makes you feel really good because you have taken a decisive step towards sobriety.

I tried blocking the number at first, but the problem with that is that your phone will probably store it as a blocked number somewhere on your phone, so in a moment of weakness you can still access it.

Take the step!
Just went through everything on my phone

And I have very limited blocking options which basically makes me block all non-contacts, which I cant do with me job hunting right now for a better job

And changing my number really doesnt do too much since I have his number memorized but I am going to do it just to limit having to hear from him

Ultimately it's on me anyways
Old 09-28-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Change your number cmon this one is easy
Old 09-28-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it won't be too hard to change the number

D
Old 09-28-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Change your number cmon this one is easy
I am going to, I am just saying, in the grand scheme of things if I still want to use, I will still use because I will just get a hold of him from my new number

But I will change my number still
Old 09-28-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Molotov Kitty!

Some phones have an "add number to spam list", as mentioned before the problem is it still exists in your phone. You no longer get notifications when a call or text come in...

Best,
Jeff
Old 09-28-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PickleMan View Post
I am going to, I am just saying, in the grand scheme of things if I still want to use, I will still use because I will just get a hold of him from my new number

But I will change my number still
I felt the same, but it was a symbolic decision and that counts for a lot?

It's about doing something different, if all the things you've tried before haven't worked, which they obviously haven't. You may be surprised at how proud you can feel of yourself for taking steps like that.

It's worth a try!

Good luck
Old 09-28-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

I definitely agree about just taking the step might encourage me. And not having it solicited should really help as well