Notices

Home Opener Tonight

Old 09-26-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

Home Opener Tonight

So I have season tickets to our local Junior ice hockey team and I'm just leaving to go see the game. My friendly seat neighbours are definitely lovers of the beer...after all, Canadians, hockey and beer are almost one thing!
I'm interested in how I'll adapt, having always participated in drinking as a ritual on these Friday nights where the rink is rocking.
I know I won't drink because I've decided, but I'm almost curious how I'll feel. I think last season I may have abstained a handful of times.
Also new tonight...I'm bringing Mom! Lol
She's a great Mom, but I haven't really shared my challenge with her. Soon, but not tonight. Tonight is for fun WITHOUT booze. How novel...
Old 09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm going to a game tomorrow evening and Sunday afternoon!!

I'm now there to watch the hockey, I skip the pre game drinks, the beer stands during the game and the post game drinks, and that all leads to a hangover free morning the next day and remembering every highlight, shot, goal, rather than the last half of the game being a haze.

It was also an eye opener as to how many people at games don't drink, loads of families and kids, dads sitting with their coffee or tea having a day out with their kids, then driving home afterwards, I'm now apart of that group of people, going to a game to simply to watch the game, who'd have thought?!!

Sobriety is definitely the way forward when it comes to watching sport!!

Enjoy!!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy the game, razor, and have a GREAT time!

One doesn't need alcohol to enjoy sports.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the game!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy the company of mom
Old 09-26-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Enjoy the game razor !!!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to a preseason hockey game last weekend. It was a wonderful time. I just enjoyed my company. Your experience with your mom can be just as memorable. Have fun
Old 09-26-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's great! Have fun with your mom. :-)
Old 09-26-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It was a great time with my Mom. She is rock solid and a fantastic human being. Hometeam wins in a shootout, and an exciting game to watch. I had a great time! Purpleknight, you are so spot on in that the drinkers are definitely in the minority.
One of my non-drinking seat neighbours, a great fan of the game, joked with my Mom that beer sales drop when my row of regulars aren't there (another guy was absent tonight). Jeez, I'm not sure how to take that these days. Normally I'd joke it off and have another beer, but although he meant it in a playful way, there is a truth to it.
Anyways, I just wanted to say I had a great time. Have a fun weekend everyone.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by razor15 View Post
It was a great time with my Mom. She is rock solid and a fantastic human being. Hometeam wins in a shootout, and an exciting game to watch. I had a great time! Purpleknight, you are so spot on in that the drinkers are definitely in the minority.
One of my non-drinking seat neighbours, a great fan of the game, joked with my Mom that beer sales drop when my row of regulars aren't there (another guy was absent tonight). Jeez, I'm not sure how to take that these days. Normally I'd joke it off and have another beer, but although he meant it in a playful way, there is a truth to it.
Anyways, I just wanted to say I had a great time. Have a fun weekend everyone.
Correction... there WAS a truth to it. Soon enough he will realize that you are no longer a beer guzzler fan. I know conversation is a lot better with a sober person at the game. The dont mess up their stats or what happened a few months ago that lead to whatever...
Old 09-27-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great to hear it went well!!
Old 09-27-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Great to hear it went well!!
Yes, and you're right the game is by far a family friendly place. I created my own association with drinking. That and other activities. It is going to be interesting detaching drinking from these things.