Notices

Angry

Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry

So my old workplace told the state of Nevada we offered him a ( riding position) that is untrue and a blatant lie. I told the state of Nevada if I can ride and not drive I want my job back tomorrow.

Looks like the State of Nevada is going to deny my unemployment claim and deny me. I cussed the guy out on the phone can't lie I am stressed and losing my cool, he was actual understanding and even apologized but said he has to go by protocol.

I called up my old work place and asked to speak to the manager. Instead I got his wife the dummy that told the state of Nevada I could just " ride" untrue. She claimed she could only answer the questions they asked, and then misquoted Nevada law concerning unemployment. I told her she was wrong and that she hurt my unemployment claim, she went real low and accused me of drinking and laughed in my face.

So trying to cool down, I am mad and out of sorts.... I am seething angry and spitting and cussing right now. My goodness, I hate fools, my old bosses wife is fool and could of messed up my unemployment claim. Thinking about going in there tomorrow, I am so mad, I am seeing red. I mean I need my back pay for unemployment, and all I get is stone walled and mistreated, and them some fool messes it up possibly. Damn, going to calm down but so mad.

So I just need to stay sober, calm down and get back on earth but I am so mad. I hate the fact that everyone thinks me a loser and a liar, my old employer can suck it! Ok rant over sorry, I am a going to be ok.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SR has your back Jeremy, no one here thinks that!!
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Please don't go there angry. You might just end up in jail. It's not worth it.

You can appeal your denied claim, so maybe you should check into that instead of going to your previous employer and making things worse.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I echo what suki said in her post above.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

breathing in the good air, breathing out the bad air, haha time to control me going there is going to get me arrested or something, Suki you are so right, going to have to ride this out and see what happens. Actually I haven't been denied yet, but its looking bad.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Suki. If you go and cause trouble, chances are you'll end up in the clink.
Neither you or your family needs that.

If the decision goes the way you fear, I'm sure you can appeal Jeremy

D
Old 09-24-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you are denied, you can file an appeal, Jeremy.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

People get denied for this stuff all the time.
Your state probably has free legal advocates to help you file an appeal. Just stay calm. It might be an aggravating process.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EndGame

Yes, in most states, when you file an appeal, your employer is required to show up in court and explain himself in front of a judge. If he doesn't show, you win the case by default, as long as you show up.

If he does show, he may be required to provide evidence that supports his claim.

In most cases, this is a simple process that doesn't require legal counsel.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks folks calming myself down, again I don't need to get myself in more trouble. That dummy laughing at me set me off, and she accused me of something I can say I am not doing. That feels good, I am sober and can say I am sober. Haha, you folks know if I am drinking anyways, so going to calm myself down and not do anything and see what happens
Old 09-24-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's tough, I know - I lived off unemployment for a while after getting sober and had a real hard time with the State of Illinois. It's a tough system. It might be too soon, but perhaps it's time to put down the boxing gloves with this fight? We are taught that Real Men will "battle to the end" and "fight tooth and nail" - but in truth, Real Men are the ones who walk away standing tall and live to fight another day. Maybe you can focus on new job prospects? Or direct your energy to putting down the bottle once and for all? I'd hate to see you work yourself into madness and suffer needlessly when there are other options available. Didn't you have an interview recently regarding packing sandwiches? What happened there? I could be wrong, perhaps that was another user. Anyway man, sounds like you know enough to take a break and cool down. Good for you.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jeremy, I know the financial pressure is hard. But a couple of days ago, you weren't sober and went off your meds. You need to pick your battles and right now, sobriety is the priority.

Don't put the cart before the horse. Wait for the official decision and then if need be, appeal.

You know we are all rooting for you. Stay calm and stay focused on your sobriety. The rest will come together in time.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In another thread you want happiness. I have found happiness is a state of contentment that comes from acceptance. I see your posts as a roller coaster of emotions. This is understandable given the early nature and the chemical changes occurring in your body. But if you truly desire happiness your going to need to settle into a new normal that does not have these knee jerk emotions.

Perhaps as a start you may consider yoga and meditation?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone about not going in there angry. If you've truly been wronged appeal, record your next conversations(legally), or get a lawyer. The latter usually gets people moving
Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeremy, here is a thought I've had following your recent threads. Adjusting to the new psych meds and struggling with relapses are something that would present enormous amount of challenge to anyone... But you are deliberately taking up even more before even the basic ones are settled a bit better, and that scatters your attention more. All these things you are dealing with, thinking about, posting... I don't know but I would drop down dead having to deal with so many difficult things all at once. Of course then you get stressed, unstable, and it's hard to focus on your recovery from your health-related issues and will keep picking up the drink... And more unrelated "problems".

I feel that you distract yourself from the most pressing problems by trying to deal with other people, random jobs, trying to make yourself remain super enthusiastic and positive, talking about all this. It's all good, but maybe simply too much with such intensity? I think that (at least) this is where some intensive counseling might be beneficial, to help you keep on track and focused on the most important current challenges, to help channel your mind. You won't get that here on SR only, simply because here most people are not skilled professionals and also because everyone is just trying to support you, whatever comes up.

Please don't take this as criticism, it's not intended that way at all but an effort to maybe push you a little bit to focus your energies and find ways to help you do this. I really hope you will make steps in this direction!

Best wishes