Notices

Life is worth living friends

Old 09-15-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is worth living friends

A month ago today the wheels fell off my bus, I was drinking a ton again, relapsing often, smoking, having panic attacks, hearing things that didn't exist lots of mental illness and a month ago today I decided enough is enough. Just one short month ago, I could honestly careless if I was dead or alive.

I quit my job on a whim to get help, I knew I needed help fast and was getting sick of hearing voices and drinking my life away. I almost got commited and they " strongly urged me" to commit myself but I didn't too scared. However, what I did do was get on medication. Start attending meetings with a passion, actively seek help and listen when help was offered. Stop feeling sorry for me and pursue all things that would help me. I call that active recovery.

So I put everything aside, told the world hey I am hearing sh## that doesn't exist. I am paranoid delusional treating it with alcohol, and an absolute mess.

This are different now, I got honest with me, honest with the world, started taking part in my issues and haven't looked back since with the exception of a single beer slip up.

I always felt like I was a victim, hearing voices, alcoholism, gambling addiction, smoking, daughter that is disabled.I honestly felt like life had lost purpose and I was going to lose no matter what. I was lying to myself and fueling my addiction with those thoughts. LIFE IS WORTH LIVING.

I just wanted everyone to know if you are experiencing problems get help, be active in getting help, don't berate yourself for slip ups drinking or what not. If you're having mental issues, don't be ashamed, don't have fear, fear the disease more than the reaction to your disease get help.

Life is worth living, I am feeling better, I've separated myself from alcohol, and smoking, not gambling anymore either. I am seeking help, getting the help I need and improving daily. The only trap in life is the one we set for ourselves.

I could cry all day about my current financial issues and the fall out from quitting my job, but I am not going to. Recovery comes first, the rest will come later, life is worth living. I love life and if I try everyday to get better all the chips will fall into place. I think if you try every day all the chips will fall into place too. I didn't get here in a day, and I am certainly not going to get out in a day, but I tell you what I think now its easier to get out then it is to get in. I feel that mentality will ultimately save me.

I am off to live my day, stay positive, get the help you need, don't be afraid to take chances if you need help, live life and enjoy life, life is worth living, stay sober, get help staying sober if you need to, don't berate yourself and always look forward. Love you friends, thanks for reading this long post, good day and good luck, love life, again it is worth living there is always hope.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

great message TDG.

I especially like this bit; "The only trap in life is the one we set for ourselves"

keep up the progress!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well said, TDG!