Notices

Checking in

Old 09-06-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

I lurk a lot but wanted to duck in, say hi, and cheer everyone on. A little over 60 days sober for me, and I'm still doing pretty well. I do have cravings, but only when I am hungry. In the morning on a weekend, on my way home after work, I'll think wow, a drink would be nice. I eat breakfast, or grab a snack from the fridge, and it's like my brain wakes up and the craving is completely gone.

Low sugar maybe? I don't know. I do know those 'snacks' better start being healthy ones soon. It's just that right now I'd rather have a cookie than a hangover. One thing at a time I guess...

Old 09-06-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for checking in, glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on 60 days!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CPM

Haha, I get what you're saying....I'm currently trying to think of alternative drinks and snacks that I can use to replace alcohol for some of the activities for which I used to love drinking. Something delicious that I will use only for those occasions. I'm hoping it will kind of trigger my brain into that nice relaxed anticipation of a fun time ahead, and relate that feeling with my new chosen drink instead of alcohol.

I'm not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress C4B

D
Old 09-07-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

60 days is awesome
Old 09-07-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

60 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have 60 days today I try and eat healthy for the most part, but when the anxiety kicks in, usually at night, I eat everything in the kitchen! I feel bad about it after, but the anxiety is gone. I feel the same, as long as it's not a drink I'm doing ok, and I will work on other bad habits later. Congrats on 60 days to you!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4Better View Post
I lurk a lot but wanted to duck in, say hi, and cheer everyone on. A little over 60 days sober for me, and I'm still doing pretty well. I do have cravings, but only when I am hungry. In the morning on a weekend, on my way home after work, I'll think wow, a drink would be nice. I eat breakfast, or grab a snack from the fridge, and it's like my brain wakes up and the craving is completely gone.

Low sugar maybe? I don't know. I do know those 'snacks' better start being healthy ones soon. It's just that right now I'd rather have a cookie than a hangover. One thing at a time I guess...

Love seeing this! I'm- very nearly- at a month myself, and can't wait til I hit 2 months (and 2 years).

Hunger does it for ya? Huh. That's not been my problem. Seeing others drinking usually BRIEFLY bugs me, but I get over it quick.