Notices

One day, one minute, one second

Old 08-07-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One day, one minute, one second

So today was on of those days I wish on no one, panic attacks, cold sweats, absolutely paralyzing fear. Back against the wall, knowing that reality was alluding me, but my reality was one of pure unadulterated fear.

My anxieties, I allowed my past activities, wife, daughter, family, and failures and just general anxiety to overwhelm me. However, sober, I realized a few things I better today than I was yesterday. I realized that I was going to live, I just felt I wan't going to live. Finally, the acceptance, my feelings were an apparition of my own feelings and geniuses deeply embedded with me.

Despite an overwhelming sense of fear and grief, depression, angst, and al feeling of impeding death, I decided to reattempt to control me.

How did I do it, I focused on the positives, my sobriety, the strides I made, all my good qualities. I focused on breathing, refocusing my thoughts, pretending I was the man I ought to be. You know, what I mean is thinking about who I could be, my potential and who I can still be.

Yeah, sweated it all out, had to pull my delivery truck over, was hyperventilating and am blessed with a partner that understands me and is one of my good friends and truly cares. However, after this moment of shear terror, I regained me, slowly but surely knowing that I could, can and did regain control by knowing I am doing the right thing, life is improving and that today is just one day in many, and I want a better life

So just faced this addiction one day, one minute, one second at a time and prevailed, score for TDG.

Stay safe and sober, TDG
Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got through it TDG

D
Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand delivery guy. I've been sober for 78,117 seconds. Congrats on making it through today. I wishl you the best of luck.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can do this!!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow I can relate to all those feelings. Glad to know you made it through. I'm going to have to use that strategy of one moment, minute, hour myself. I'm only on day 2, and I'm already feeling panicked, sad, freaked out. Emotions all over the place. I truly didn't want to accept how much alcohol had a hold on me. Its scary stuff were dealing with here. Great job TGD.