Notices

Quick Post

Old 08-04-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quick Post

Not gonna read posts today. Just a quick accountability post that I am on Day 24 and still sober. Husband and I had a tiff last night. He seems to want to now discuss how horrible I was as a drunk mom/wife and I told him I can't listen to it. He holds everything in and now he wants to exhale.

but...still sober. I accused him last night of wanting me to stay drunk. I told him I don't want to hear it and he brought it up again a few hours after I said not to. Then he said "you were a mean drunk and you're mean sober". ???

All I said is...I guess when I went to bed I woke up my daughter, next thing I know she is crawling into our bed. My husband got annoyed and I said - for the first time ever - you know what? I don't mind if she wants to crawl into bed with us some nights. She doesn't do it often, you always get so annoyed but I really don't mind if it comforts her.

Then he grumbled about how he can't sleep with her in the bed. So I said "fine, I will sleep in her bed" and I left the room. I went into her room and slept in her bed.

Then he walked by and make the above comment about how mean I am.

Whatever...I've never minded when kids crawl into bed with me. I like it.

My ex-husband also used to get so mad when either of our kids crawled into bed with us.

What's more snuggly than sleeping next to a little kid? I'll take snuggling next to a cute 4-yr-old over a hairy middle-aged man any day...lol

does that sound mean? ok, maybe I'm mean. I have brought up that Jon Bon Jovi had laser hair removal to no avail...

ok Peace Out...made it to Day 24...
Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 24 Days!!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

As tough as early recovery is on us, I think it's as tough on our partners. It may even be tougher, cos they may not understand why all this is happening....

I also think there's a lot of resentment on both sides that needs to be worked through, for all of us.

Give it time - for both of you

congrats on 24 days
D
Old 08-04-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The Bon Jovi comment made me chuckle. LOL!

Great job on 24 days and thanks for the laugh!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 24 days sober.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you will get to a place where you can listen to your husband's issues with your drinking. When you look at things from his point of view, it's likely been tough. I know it was hard for my husband. He felt very alone. I do think it's important to allow him to express his feelings. That said, it shouldn't be something that is brought up again and again because that is just hurtful.