Notices

new here...any words of wisdom apprciated!

Old 07-27-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here...any words of wisdom apprciated!

I have been in a relationship with a woman who has been in recovery for 15 years. (meth and alcohol) End stage addiction years ago. A wonderful, kind, caring strong woman for the last 15 years. During the last year she began drinking again...not daily at first just the rare glass of wine. Lately, last 6 months, she sips on a bottle of Fireball...Never getting drunk, but definitely a larger amount than the occasional wine. Bottom line...she has lost her mind! She rages uncontrollably, leaves for hours or days on end. Doesn't go to work...She is not doing these things in a drunken stupor...she will just rage for weeks...treating me horribly!! Not her norm. We've had sheriffs out...family to intervene. then sleeps for a week. Then she is "normal for a few weeks...and it begins again. I know it sounds like meth...but she's not using meth now. (for sure). She gets really sick...nausea, diarrhea...liver pains...history of Hep C...treated, but has some liver impairment. Been to drs and ER...can't find a cause for these episodes. Could it be alcohol? Is she really going insane? I don't want to live this way. If it's self induced due to alchol that's one thing...if she's really sick with something the drs. can't find it's another. Does anyone have any experience with this.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum ginger!!

If she's started drinking again and is an alcoholic, then the jury is out on what is going on, as an addict actively fuelling their addiction is a recipe for disaster.

You need to look after YOU in all this, it's her addiction at the end of the day, and that doesn't have to hold back your life, she may change and everything might work out, but then she might not, don't let your life pass you by waiting to see what happens.

You'll find loads of support here on SR, we also have a friends/family section too which may be worth checking out!!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

no experience with that... but it surely sounds like there is a substance beyond the level of alcohol you're seeing....

Wish I had some wisdom for you but it seems to me that the best wisdom I can offer you is; get support for yourself because this sounds like a wicked relapse.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ginger - welcome
I'm really sorry for your situation but I'm glad you found us.

In my experience yes all those things could be due to alcoholism...I certainly experienced all those things and more - but I'm not a Doctor

You'll find a lot of support for yourself here - please do read and post around as much as you like

D