Notices

Getting angry

Old 07-26-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting angry

Holy crap was I ever a biotch today! I am making a costume for my daughter and I cut out the wrong fabric and started sewing only realizing a little later what I had done. So I guess that made me mad. Then I came home and my bf had knocked one of my flower pots over. Omg I went phsyco!! Then all day I was in a pissed off mood. I know I can think more positive and let it go but I just can't shake this pissed off feeling. I'm 28 days today. I only thought of drinking for like 2 seconds a couple of Times today nothing serious. Does anyone else get these days of rage? Lol I'm not usually like this.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's always going to be ups and downs in life, we just need to figure out how to deal with things without alcohol, it can be done!!

Great job on 28 Days!!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by queenofheartz09 View Post
Holy crap was I ever a biotch today! I am making a costume for my daughter and I cut out the wrong fabric and started sewing only realizing a little later what I had done. So I guess that made me mad. Then I came home and my bf had knocked one of my flower pots over. Omg I went phsyco!! Then all day I was in a pissed off mood. I know I can think more positive and let it go but I just can't shake this pissed off feeling. I'm 28 days today. I only thought of drinking for like 2 seconds a couple of Times today nothing serious. Does anyone else get these days of rage? Lol I'm not usually like this.
Ohhhhh yeah. 11 days in and I have a short fuse. Wife and I have had words over stuff I used to let go. Maybe I am trying to be too perfect. But yeah, short fuse for sure

Old 07-26-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Emotions can be all over the map in early recovery. Get enough rest and exercise and good food. Do you have anyone you can talk to? I see a counselor and it's very helpful to me.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't have anyone like a counsellor to talk to just friends/boyfriend. I defiantly need more rest in my life that I hope I get soon!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I get my good days and bad days. I suppose this is common when our bodies are in early recovery. Well done on 28 days.

I bet tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To answer your question, yes, I get those days of rage! They are often in synch with my cycle, which is something to be aware of in early sobriety. The other day I picked up a hot plate full of food, then through it across the floor, and cried over spilt pancakes and eggs. I was inconsolable. Not so much rage, but raging emotions. 28 days is amazing…hang in there, take deep breaths. These are emotions that have been stuffed down or numbed with drink; they may manifest at odd or unexpected times. Let them pass. You are doing great!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I had problems with anger in the early days.

As it turned out, the bottom line was that I was angry with myself and using other things as excuses to release my anger. So, I had to work on forgiving myself for the mess I'd made of my life.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Even people who don't drink lose their cool. It's normal. I'm probably going to have to buy a new pair of running shoes and hit the pavement (and I'm not a runner), or go to the gym (I have a barely used membership) or yoga. Something, anything. My emotions have surprised me a few times because in the past, I just had a drink and calmed down.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Funny to come across this topic now. I was thinking I would spend my weekend writing out my one-month victory speech but instead found myself majorly challenged by raging emotions. My husband and I had a big fight which went down the beaten path. Fights like these have always been my trigger to drink in the past. During and after those fights I feel anger (RAGE, actually), frustration, despair... This time I felt all of them rolling through me uncontrollably again, only a few things were different: for split seconds I was able to sort of observe it from the side and tell myself "despair in a domestic tiff is a bit of an exaggerated emotion, no?" I was also able to tell myself "this too shall pass". I went through the motions of storming to the store, but got soda instead, and chugged down two bottles in two minutes. Previously, alcohol would only fuel the feelings of entrapment and despair. This time, I was more clear-headed but it's still very hard to get control of emotions. My irritability was at an all-time high and I too was a major biotch for most of the weekend. It didn't help that I didn't have the time or opportunity to retreat and take care of myself. So, anyway, right there with 'ya...