Notices

Day 6 and drunken purchases of the past

Old 07-17-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and drunken purchases of the past

Yesterday I looked at my sandals. White with big fake turquoise stones. Pretty hideous. I don't know why I bought them.

I also acquired an awful lot of hot pink items. Phone case, purse, lots of hot pink. Nothing wrong with hot pink all over if you're 4 and playing with Barbies.

Even some of my home furnishings look hideous to me now.

Anyone else make weird drunk purchases?
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah.... Vodka!!! Bizarre!!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have literally bought everything from sculptures to chainsaws online drunk.

My wife would see the UPS driver, and be like, oh boy, what did he get now?

The money I have saved by not drinking is not just the price of booze. lol
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

No, never.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
I have literally bought everything from sculptures to chainsaws online drunk.

My wife would see the UPS driver, and be like, oh boy, what did he get now?

The money I have saved by not drinking is not just the price of booze. lol
OMG I forgot about ONLINE purchases! Your post made me laugh so much! Dang, Amazon.com made a fortune over my drunkenness...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Many. many. many *must have and cannot live without lest I perish* purchases. All of which I could live without. Shoes? Oh my gosh. Speaking of the UPS driver...when he would deliver I would often wonder if the guilt showed on my face or was written all over the next-day delivery package. Like, 'hah hah ha, sucker!'

Thanks for reminding me of all the money I have saved in the past few months
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
quat

bass ale, makers, and wifi not a good combination, too many straights to the jack with a king onboard , and Alan Colmbes is probably a little less frustrated lately(am talk late night, they need better screeners)
Old 07-17-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aka In 'n Out

QVC was my favorite TV show! I'd buy shoes and handbags that I absolutely HAD to have! What bargains! And on easy-pay!!! Looking forward to a lot of extra money in my sobriety!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to blow a serious amount of money on online shopping when drunk, the parcels would arrive and I'd be saying to myself, did I really buy this stuff?!!

Another reason to quit!!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jezza View Post
Yeah.... Vodka!!! Bizarre!!
I've got you beat...GIN!!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lmao! this post cracked me up! I have gone shopping drunk, (for more alcohol) and spent $200+ on makeup, tons of candles for my house, candy and ice cream for my kids (to "make up" for being such a loser) and so on. I've also made some really interesting makeup decisions, followed by really bad pictures posted to FB.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
EndGame

Spending money on expensive dinners under the guise of dating, just so I'd have someone to drink with me. I preferred that my "dates" were drinkers, though not to the extent that they'd cut into my vodka money. When my relapse came to full bloom, I spent none of my surplus cash on anything but vodka.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I woke up one morning after a bender and found a shopping bag with a Joey Ramone Tshirt, bananna flavored condoms, and a pocket vibrator that I was going to give to my girlfriend at the time. All I thought was: ???????
Old 07-17-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Spending money on expensive dinners under the guise of dating, just so I'd have someone to drink with me. I preferred that my "dates" were drinkers, though not to the extent that they'd cut into my vodka money. When my relapse came to full bloom, I spent none of my surplus cash on anything but vodka.
I have been on at least 50 internet dates. Really I just wanted to wear nice clothes and feel like a 'wine and diner' stud. Many times I got so drunk that the girl left before the 'date' was over....
Old 07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

nope. luckily.
But I can say that I am happy as he11 that my last statement from my Mcard doesn't have numerous daily back to back purchases that read:

LCBO - enter date
WINE SHOP - enter date (sometimes the SAME date)
CAB - et el

on bad months...there would be a hotel on there. The worst month when I added it all up, was almost $800. WTF. I don't make nearly enough to ever justify spending that. Gee - wonder why I'm broke!
booze, cabs and hotels. awesome.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Oh yeah. Right now I'm on a financial diet. No more silly spending until I get caught up with those bills.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

£800-ish to strippers, both in person and on the internet, a 35ft flag pole that needs to be cemented into the ground in order to stand up, leather boots that cost £300 with 6 inch lifts in them even though I am 6ft tall anyway, 300 pairs of socks because I got lazy/didnt care/bored of washing them, £100 single bottles of liquor because I thought it made me more sophisticated, all manner of useless "drinking memorabilia" like collapsible pint mugs, several overpriced, ridiculously expensive hipflasks, a £200 birthday gift for someone I didnt even like and hadnt spoken to for 10 years, loads of money wasted on too many new clothes as I got fatter, hundreds of £ worth of fast food.

And other stuff like that.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I once bought a $6,000 TV and surround sound system while drunk with very little recollection of the purchase process. On my credit card. Yeah. I mean, it was state of the art at the time, but not within my budget at all. Alcohol makes us do dumb things and **** away our money, another reason to stay sober
Old 07-17-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I have been on at least 50 internet dates. Really I just wanted to wear nice clothes and feel like a 'wine and diner' stud. Many times I got so drunk that the girl left before the 'date' was over....
I'll add that most of my "dates" had a great time, with the exception of those who were more emotionally stable than otherwise, and a few who seemed just fine, but were either sympathetic with regard to what I thought was my hidden unhappiness, or those who just felt sorry for me. I was so happy not to be drinking alone (though, in my mind, this is pretty much what I was doing), that false joy and exaggerated enthusiasm for my company camouflaged my loneliness and my misery. I sadly reduced many of them to little more than expensive props which, with no trivial amount of irony, was exactly what I had rendered my true self.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

yup, I'll be living on Mr. Noodles, tuna and KD (not all together!!!) for the next few months while I deal with my credit card, lawyers fees and fixing my BF's car I ruined