Notices

Going on to day 5

Old 07-16-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going on to day 5

Spoke and saw the ex today...starting to believe he may months and months from now forgive me and we will get back together.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Keep doing what you you are doing, 5 days is great. Make sure your focus is your sobriety...if things do work out with your ex it will be due to your committment to that.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Things always seem to workout. I think for people like us the key is sobriety. Its sounds cliche and cheesy but its true. That karma train is going to be coming around the bend for you. You make me proud.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Scott is exactly right. It's so important to keep your focus on you and your recovery.

Good for you for as you begin Day 5!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hooray for day 5! I'm so glad to see you are still here. I hope that you and your ex will be able to work through this, but definitely keep focused on your recovery. Ultimately, you are doing this for you.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 5!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats girl! I hope it works out. Like all the others said though, put yourself first. You also don't want him to ever see you like that again. When I think of what my roommate saw me like this past weekend, I know that will help me stay sober for good. We don't want to be "that girl". Good luck
Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i hope tomorrow is easier.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! 5 Days is fantastic!!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Job Law !! woo hoo!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Lawgirl82, going on day 5 is FANTASTIC, congratulations. I hope and pray that you get what you want.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are doing well and congrats on Day 5 lawgirl,
but please deeply consider the following disclaimer:

get sober for you, not to "fix" your relationship.

He may or may not decide to continue the relationship,
but if your focus, and reason for stopping drinking, is about him,
then it is unlikely you will succeed in recovery, not just quitting drinking.

Everything changes, and must change, when you deal with substance addiction.
All the ways you deal with emotions, process anger or hurt, and engage people socially must be examined and many times discarded or changed.

Especially if you started drinking young, as many of us did, you may have to learn how to respond
to negative things in an "adult" way, which can be tough if you are a "get drunk and fight" type of person.
I grew up with that from my alcoholic mother, and that's how I
frequently dealt with conflict or pain too until I stopped drinking.

Getting some good cognitive therapy and keeping an honest journal can help quite a lot with this processing.
It is, if you truly engage, sometimes hard and painful work but the
rewards are incredible, and they are with you no matter what happens with your fiance.

I wish you great success in your recovery and keep up the excellent work
Old 07-17-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes, I recommend a journal, too. It can express your deepest thoughts. If you don't ever want anybody else to read it, get a locked file box to which you hold the only key.

I like to write letters to myself, complete with fountain pen and sealing wax, and put them in the box when they arrive. Maybe two years later I'll read them. It is fascinating and encouraging to see how far I've come and how I've solved difficulties, and how my HP has worked.

I am glad that you and your ex-fiance are communicating. Be sure to persevere and work hard in your sobriety. You will begin to love the sober life for its own sake, not just for the fringe benefits it brings. It does get easier. Persevere!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Yes, I recommend a journal, too. It can express your deepest thoughts. If you don't ever want anybody else to read it, get a locked file box to which you hold the only key.

I like to write letters to myself, complete with fountain pen and sealing wax, and put them in the box when they arrive. Maybe two years later I'll read them. It is fascinating and encouraging to see how far I've come and how I've solved difficulties, and how my HP has worked.

I am glad that you and your ex-fiance are communicating. Be sure to persevere and work hard in your sobriety. You will begin to love the sober life for its own sake, not just for the fringe benefits it brings. It does get easier. Persevere!
This is a terrific idea Gilmer! I used to use a fountain pen, and think I will get it out and dust it off.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi, Lawgirl. We chatted for a bit the other evening. You seem like such a nice young woman and your desire to get better comes through strongly.

I've read your posts over recent days and really have to "second" what Hawkeye13 and others have written. You *must* get better for yourself. You and your fiancee may reconcile. Or not.

Your first priority has to be on getting better so that you can have a vibrant future whatever happens in other parts of your life.

Take good care.