Notices

One of those disconnected I'm a drunk days

Old 07-14-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One of those disconnected I'm a drunk days

Today has been an odd day. Most days since being sober have been filled with life and I have a second chance and I want to live now feelings. And I still feel the same way deep down inside but today I've felt kinda off and disconnected, even tho I've been around people all day. I keep thinking I'm a drunk. Should I just drink. Let me be me. It's like I have to have a heart to heart conversation with myself. No don't do it, you no longer drink. Yes that's what you know. I didn't give in but let me tell you my AV was wanting me to fail more then anything. This is the hardest battle I've ever been in. I hope time gives me the strength to stay in track and be the woman I know I can be. Because today I ALMOST failed
Old 07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

But you didnt fail. And that is mighty. Proud of you.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hang in there Whyme, you didn't drink.
have you found anything to occupy yourself during those alone periods? is there someone you can call when you are feeling like this? posting here is always good but it is nice to hear a voice from someone who understands too.
keep you spirits up, you'll be fine. focus on the positives and avoid the negative thinking, it's a killer
Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LBrain, I have started back working out. I downloaded a fitness channel on Roku. I've been tracking my exercise with my steps on my fitness tracker. It's taken up some time. I have friends but I'm still apprehensive to call them. Most of my friends are married with families and I don't want to bother them. I'm getting most of my support here. It's amazing how much I have learned in the past month being in here. I don't think I'd be where I am today without SR.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
quat

You did not fail, you rock! Sometimes it feels harder than other times, but at the end of the day there no almost fail, just success, onward ! You sure seem like the woman you know you can be, the one that succeeds!
Wish you well
Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Be safe and stay sober everyone. I'm watching the news in my town where a accused drunk driver drove the wrong way ion the freeway and killed 3 and injured 11 in a fiery crash. It breaks my heart.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never ever too late to write a new ending for your story WhyMe.

Some days are low ones, but if we stay sober we;re giving ourselves every chance to make things better and wrote that new ending

The real you is not that drinker...and the real you is worth fighting for

D
Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Whyme2014, you were strong enough to fend off your AV, FANTASTIC, congratulations. Stay sober 1 day at a time, however, realize a year from now all the junk thinking will be gone, rootin for ya.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

But "you" is actually not a drunk WhyMe. You is what is beneath your addiction. Sobriety is about building or rebuilding...you, the you the addiction does everything it can to smother and drown.

It's putting up a beast of a battle today...because it's sensing you're getting stronger. It's firing on all cylinders, cuz its scared.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there please stay strong. I caved in to the thoughts and started back drinking after 5 days how i wish i could have stayed stronger i really regret it now i didnt just drink for one night i slipped right back into my old ways still 3 weeks later i am feeling determined once more. I will win. I hope.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Whyme , you are doing a great job hun . This is no easy gig .

The craving will come , but wont last , the drinking and the hangover will take you back to that ugly day 1.

You are a strong woman and way stronger than you think .

Some days are hard , really hard but they don't last .

The longer you stay sober , the easier it will become .

I'm only a year sober and i don't get any cravings nor thoughts of alcohol .it gets easier with time .

I am SOOOOO glad i never gave into those cravings when it would have been so easy to.

I'm so proud of you for posting

Posting here when i got a craving or before i picked up that first drink saved me . It truly did

Good for you , keep posting , we are all here to help you xxx

Much love x
Old 07-15-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, there will always be ups and downs, but you get to write the ending of your story!!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I could not have done it without AA. If nothing else it filled the time I was normally drinking.

Congrats for not drinking