Notices

Driving Sober, Day 2

Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Driving Sober, Day 2

Dealt with some anxiety but it passed...thought about drinking but with nothing in the house, it wasn't an option and those thoughts passed.

Went swimming and after close to 48 hours without alcohol, my stomach was noticeably flatter. The bloat was gone. My waist looked smaller.

Need to pick up my older kids as they spent the day with my ex-husband and I had this weird feeling because I will actually be picking them up sober. I didn't drink much before I picked them up in the past but for sure, I would have a glass of wine before to make the trip more bearable (I drank to make everything more bearable). And usually I had already started drinking earlier in the day. So who knows how much I had to drink.

I had such a high tolerance, I never really felt like I had drank that much.

If I didn't have booze, I would say to the kids on the way home "do you want anything at Walgreen's?" like I was Mother-of-the-Year worried about their needs when all I cared about was picking up more booze.

Funny the things you realize.

Here's to Day 3 tomorrow. I was sweating so bad last night, not sure what to expect tonight.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can do this!!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep on keeping on!
Awesome, on to day 3.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! and not to gross anyone out but I did something I haven't done since I was a kid, I drank dill pickle juice when I got home! lol...I don't know why, I just craved it. Proudest moment is I was completely sober driving the kids home and I even took them to have frozen yogurt on the way home, not to Walgreens so mom can buy booze.

I was sorting out old video clips and saw one where my cheeks were red and I looked out of it. I just paid good money for 3 laser treatments to get rid of the facial redness and the broken veins in the face...why would I want to look like that again?