Notices

90 days sober

Old 07-02-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking 90 days sober

Today is my 90th day of being sober. It feels good to have stayed on the right track with all the distractions and temptations. A co workers gfs birthday party night down on Hampton beach everyone was drinking and I didn't drink or didn't feel the need to. Everyone asked me why I wasn't drinking. Just told them I'm sober now I don't do that anymore. It feels good to be in control of your life. I've been tested a lot these 90 days and I know their are lots more to come ahead in the future. I've been finding it easier to keep my mind occupied by going to the gym when I have free time or cleaning or going to the grocery store or movies or whatever it is you enjoy doing to keep you from wanting to drink or do drugs. Their will be people who will make fun or crack jokes, you just need to remind yourself this is your choice and if others don't approve or constantly ? Your choice you just need to know what's best for you and not them!

Surprisingly I started this to see how long I could go without AA or a sponsor and I'm glad I'm sticking with it! So to all you struggling or just starting take it one day at a time life is quicker than we think it is and being sober for me is being capable of dealing with life's ups and downs and feeling good about who I am and what I am. Hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July weekend and take care!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Pretty awesome Brad! Way to go!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic stuff Brad!! Keep it going!!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-02-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great work Brad! Congratulations
Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brad41989 View Post
Today is my 90th day of being sober. It feels good to have stayed on the right track with all the distractions and temptations. A co workers gfs birthday party night down on Hampton beach everyone was drinking and I didn't drink or didn't feel the need to. Everyone asked me why I wasn't drinking. Just told them I'm sober now I don't do that anymore. It feels good to be in control of your life. I've been tested a lot these 90 days and I know their are lots more to come ahead in the future. I've been finding it easier to keep my mind occupied by going to the gym when I have free time or cleaning or going to the grocery store or movies or whatever it is you enjoy doing to keep you from wanting to drink or do drugs. Their will be people who will make fun or crack jokes, you just need to remind yourself this is your choice and if others don't approve or constantly ? Your choice you just need to know what's best for you and not them!

Surprisingly I started this to see how long I could go without AA or a sponsor and I'm glad I'm sticking with it! So to all you struggling or just starting take it one day at a time life is quicker than we think it is and being sober for me is being capable of dealing with life's ups and downs and feeling good about who I am and what I am. Hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July weekend and take care!
Congratulations! That is awesome. I LOVE Hampton Beach! Used to spend summers there as a child......so many happy memories!

I still think it's one of the most beautiful beaches. Just hellish traffic, LOL!

Enjoy the Fourth!