Notices

Still struggling

Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still struggling

It's been awhile since I've posted here. I'm feeling like I'm a lost cause. Things were going well for a bit like they always do, and then I relapsed... Like I always do. Feeling really alone right now.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zoey, you're not alone. We're here for you and we really do understand how hard this is.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get rid of your alcohol. Hang around here and read posts. They will encourage you. Get a good night's sleep. Get on here again first thing in the morning. Don't buy any more booze. The beginning is the hardest--after a few days you will have some momentum going. Hang onto this site by your fingernails--and get face-to-face support if possible for additional help.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not alone my friend. Alcohol is devious and does band things. its an insidious habit, as a matter of fact it kills.

However, you logged on to SR, created an account, admitted you have problem, and want help. My friend those aren't the actions of a weak person those are the actions a strong powerful person. A person that want to change and will if they give it a go.

I am a chronic relapser , but with every relapse I learn a lesson, I grow and learn new things, I want sobriety and will achieve it even if it takes time.

You are not alone, I have some of the same issues, don't fight this battle alone. You don't have to, know that another person shares some of what you feel. Stay strong my friend.

Stay safe and sober, TDG
Old 06-30-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's easy to beat yourself up after you take a spill, but it doesn't help. No matter what happens, keep trying and know you can do it! We'll be here for you, so you don't need to feel alone.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Zoey, you're not a lost cause. I'm willing to bet everyone on here has felt like you do today at some point. I can certainly relate. Coming back is a huge step. Welcome back. Best wishes!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there Zoey! We've all been there! Do you have a plan of action? You have to fight for your life, but I know you can do it! Don't be to proud to ask for help and if you can get to an AA meeting or get some help somewhere! We're all pulling for you!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hi Zoey. Coming back after a relapse is hard but I've found that to stay sober, I absolutely must be in contact with other alcoholics. SR helps me a lot and I get tons of support from my local AA group. It's wonderful seeing you connected with other sober alcoholics! Are you making any plans yet for your long term sobriety?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support. Plans for long term sobriety... I don't know I feel like I've made about 20 of these big plans in the last year or so and I still can't get it.
I was going to NA meetings, and found them really uncomfortable but it did help me to stay sober. I only went for about a month or so, maybe I need to give it more time. I honestly got kind of disheartened by the whole program when I picked up the phone when I was having a rough night and didn't get a response from the lady who gave me her number, and then threw in the towel and gave up completely. Which sounds completely stupid right now, I shouldn't discount the whole program from that experience, but there's addiction for you I suppose.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would definitely give it another try, especially if it was working for you and this time...get LOTS of numbers!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Zoey keep at it. I've tried to quit countless times, each time thinking it would be the last. Stay here, go to meetings....we have all been where you are! You can do this one day at a time!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there Zoey, go at it again and you'll get there!!