Notices

Blah...

Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blah...

I just typed a whole book and then it said I wasn't logged on. There goes my book.

Anyways, I love weed. I don't have any now so it sucks.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After a while of being sober it doesn't suck that bad at all:-) it is tough at first though, I can relate. The freedom and clarity of being sober is pretty nice, give it a try.
-Ted
Old 06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was sober for about 6 months but then a friend came over and it all went downhill again. I'm straight up addicted. When I'm sober all I wanna do is find more and right now my friggin' weed guy is out of town til Wed. I know it's only 24 hours but I been looking all weekend, lol.

About to move to Colorado!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you interested in stopping smoking weed?

D
Old 06-16-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

At this moment, I'm not. I'm more or less looking to talk to other people with the same problem. Sorry if this isn't the right forums. Currently on the interwebs searching for something more specific.

Thanks and I understand if this thread should be deleted.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're a recovery website yeah

I smoked for 30 years - I think the best thing you could do would be to stop smoking now.

I wasted a lot of years.

if you have any chance to avoid that? I think you should think about it - but it's your call.

Remember we're here anyway

D
Old 06-16-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The reason I came here was I'm just tired of not being able to get it. I guess it is a part of the addiction - not being able to get your fix and how it makes you feel.

Ya know I was off weed for 6 months because I was trying to find a job, and so many drug test that I felt it would be best. I ended up getting a job that didn't even drug test, so me quitting wasn't even necessary. I do admit that things were more clear in my life and I was actually saving my money for once in my life.

Then a friend comes over, gets me to smoke a little and I'm right back on it. This happened last year by the way. And sure you could say "Lose that friend" but don't worry, he was killed.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tried to break away a number of times too...but when you're living the same life with the same friends it's hard...you always feel like somethings missing and that's a hard thing to get past.

I had to remake my life over to be clean and sober, but, although it was rough at the time, it was the best move I ever made.

I really like myself and my life now. I could never really say that before.

I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.

D
Old 06-16-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for your condolences.

And it's funny because I am away from everyone I use to get high with. I moved to a new town but I live with my brother and he just got a new weed connect once this new guy started working with him. That's where all of my pot comes from these days.

But I was able to drop coke when I moved away, that's a plus.

I think the good thing about quitting once and relapsing is that you know you can quit again, though others may say well it just shows you CAN'T!

Eventually something will give, but I don't know what. I'll be 30 this year and have had the same addiction since high school.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the good thing about quitting once and relapsing is that you know you can quit again, though others may say well it just shows you CAN'T!
I do think it gets harder the more years you're at it tho...by the end everything was a trigger for me to smoke or drink.

I won't belabour the point anymore, but the sooner people quit the easier it is I think.

I wish you luck whatever you decide anyway, man

D
Old 06-16-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Actually nice to talk to someone about it. Something I never get to do. And you're right, the longer you do something the harder it is to quit. Read this about cigarettes, and a number of other things.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I never thought I would quit smoking weed, ever. Smoked since middle school. Gave sober a solid try at 29. Was and still is hard, even 3 yrs later. But I am so free, I don't have to worry about running out of herb. Give it another go, save your time, money, brain cells:-)
-Ted
Old 06-17-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ah, 29 must be a lucky number for quitting. lol I guess when you hit 30's you start to take stock of things, especially if one's life hasn't been ideal to that point. (not saying your's wasn't, just from my own experience)

Well I will be tested over this period, since I can't get any for another day or so. Makes me atleast know I won't go bat **** crazy and kill someone. Haha.