Notices

Tricky day 5

Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tricky day 5

I'm over half way through day 5 and this has been the hardest day yet. I'm tired and a bit irritable and I probably been more tempted today than any other. Sometimes the compulsion, rather than urge to drink can be so strong you almost feel that it would be easier to have a drink and get it over with rather continually fighting it. Maybe compulsion and urge are the same thing, I have always considered that I felt compelled to drink, an awful habit rather than an addiction. I was of course wrong.

Anyway, we had some diet cokes in the house, so I grabbed one and glugged it down as if it was booze, now the resulting burps may not have been pleasant but it seemed to fool my AV and now feel much calmer. I'm not a fan of coke but I will do anything not to drink today.

Have not done 5 days in years and I can already see the stress of drinking fading from my face, mostly I already have more energy and today is probably because I have tried to keep busy and not rested enough.

Hope you are all having a good day
Old 06-14-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Grok:

It is tricky for me today too. I am not craving but I am getting ready to watch the Colombia-Greece game and in the past, I would be drinking a beer. I feel great in this Saturday morning! Keep busy and remember that you are intelligent and that you know why you are not going to drink…

L
Old 06-14-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First few weeks I made sure I had something to drink in hand, for that very same reason, before I knew it it was bedtime, or a game would be over and I'd have had a few pots of green tea in me and not a drop of alcohol.

Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grok try seltzer water - come in a variety of flavors and does the trick for me in my witching hour. I too was a beer guzzler so the carbonation in the seltzer mimics beer - burns a little too. Good Luck!!
Old 06-14-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang tough, Grok. Early days can be really difficult.