Notices

Scary future

Old 05-25-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Scary future

I'm starting to obsess with being in pain. 20 years ago when this started, I had legitamite pain. Then of course I would find pain, then fabricate pain, then well who needed pain? I could run to the hood and pick them up anyway.... I stated so doped up I actually had a huge kidney stone and never felt it. Of course I saw the blood in my urine though and spent the night in ER getting morphine shots. Anyway like today we went on the jet skis and it was a beautiful life expierence to be living again but in the back of my mind "be careful don't get hurt you don't have pills and you can't get any you don't want to be in pain what will you do???" I was even super worried about sunburn. I used a whole bottle if sunscreen. On just me...this got me thinking, what will i do when the inevitable comes and I have severe REAL legitamite pain? The next kidney stone that comes, I'm going to feel that sucker...I'm scared. I don't want to be in agony and not have relief. Is this my AV??? Ugh
Old 05-25-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago, and was worried about how I could possibly deal with it without opiates. I was amazed to find that aleve brought me significant relief. I don't know why I was so surprised. It works for other people, and I have no tolerance built up to it.
I think the anxiety we feel in getting off of opiates is one of the worst parts of the experience. It's been about 55 days since I stopped taking them, and that anxiety is gone now. I hope yours is gone soon, too.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

55 days!!! I can't wait to say that!!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I felt that exact same way not too long ago. You'll get there. You're off to a great start already.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree, I used regular OTC pain reliever way before using hydros and it worked fine, once I got on the hydros I kept telling myself that nothing but would work.....I'm nearly 100 days off and OTC meds work great for my body ache, headache and menstrual cramps, all the reasons I was on hydros.....Don't obsess about the little things....your doing great!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had the same feelings. Turns out Tylenol works just fine.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I also experienced that. I find that ibuprofen works wonders. Wonders. The opiates made my pain much worse, 100 times worse. I have been on them and off them for so long that I know once I stop taking them my back will be ok. Literally the pain stops. And when I have them the pain is legitimately there. They mess with your brain chemistry SO BAD>

Awful pills. Awful. Still away your soul, bankrupt you spiritually, physically, emotionally.

Adnameel we almost have the same clean dates!!! I quit April 4th, first sober day was April 5th. Have 60 days on Monday. YEAH

Mammahawk you are doing fantastic. The days will continue to add up. Just stay in today. Do something to take your mind of things.