Notices

close to month one

Old 05-02-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

close to month one

Good morning world,
I am 27 1/2 days sober. Almost a month. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can keep going. My new friend at AA really help. I have managed to keep some of my old friends. It was nice to know some of my drinking friends actually cared.
Oh, there are critics in the picture. One girl told me "DRINKING DOES'NT HURT YOUR LIVER" I just laughed.
I'm not sleeping. I did at first but then I got sick. I have a severe colon infection. I'm on antibiotics. I quit taking the pain pills after a couple of days. I still hurt but not as bad. But sleep , NOT. Does anyone have any ideas?I really don't want to take Meds for sleep.
Diana
Old 05-02-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are doing great grandma. I am proud of you. As for sleep, have you tried sleepy time tea. It is in the tea section at the store. It relaxes you and helps you sleep. Also guided meditation music. They have it on utube, and on Pandora Radio. Pandora is free and you type in the music you want to here. I have it on my phone and computer. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Did you try camomile tea with honey? It does help with sleep

Congratulations on your sober time.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

grandma - I never had a grandma, I want you to be my grandma
you are an inspiration - counting 1/2 days. I'm glad you are getting the support you need and have caring friends. My example was last week after playing golf I called the wife and told her we were going to a place to eat and watch the hockey game. THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF HER MOUTH WERE "NO BEER!". Even after four months she reminds me all the time. My friend heard this and took the phone and told her not to worry he will be watching me. It's great to have understanding people in your life.

As for sleep, turn on a baseball game - I always say that. Try some 'sleepy time' tea in the evening. There are 'YOGI' brand teas as well. Try these. Meditate and learn breathing exercises. They will help tremendously. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks I'll try it.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LBRAIN,
I would love to have another grand child even a grown up one. My grand kids are 27,26,23,21,and 15
Welcome