The Gifts of Imperfection

Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Gifts of Imperfection

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

I started reading this book at a friend's house yesterday. It's good! Published by Hazelden.

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are: Brene Brown: 9781592858491: Amazon.com: Books

I'm also currently reading:

Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change

It's very interesting. Not based on the 12-step model at all, which is fine with me. I am really interested in the physiological part of addiction, and the book covers it quite extensively.

Amazon.com: Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change eBook: Jeffrey Foote, Carrie Wilkens, Nicole Kosanke, Stephanie Higgs: Kindle Store
Old 04-24-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks. I am working on my list of books to listen to next this morning. I already had The Gifts of Imperfection on my wish list and just moved it to my cart! I think it is a good fit for where I am at right now.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder, Reader. I actually picked up the Gifts book a while back and forgot about it.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brene now has a page article in O magazine! Loved her Daring Greatly which is about vulnerability.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by readerbaby71 View Post
I'm also currently reading:

Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change

It's very interesting. Not based on the 12-step model at all, which is fine with me. I am really interested in the physiological part of addiction, and the book covers it quite extensively.

Amazon.com: Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change eBook: Jeffrey Foote, Carrie Wilkens, Nicole Kosanke, Stephanie Higgs: Kindle Store
Im reading this too.. dare I say its based on the CRAFT model (community reinforcement family training). I am really enjoying it. Happy to see someone else here found it.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
Im reading this too.. dare I say its based on the CRAFT model (community reinforcement family training). I am really enjoying it. Happy to see someone else here found it.

I got it because you mentioned it. Thanks!