How to block text messages?

Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clean since 1/11/14

How to block text messages?

Others have talked about an app for the iPhone that allows you to block text messages but it saves them so you can review them later.

I want to block texts from AH during the day but I still want to see them at night incase there is something relevant about bills, housing, child, etc that I need to respond to. All the text blocking apps I see on my phone completely block the text like it never existed.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

The new iPhone IOS 7 update allows you to block contacts. However, he won't know he is being blocked. He can even leave a message that you will not be able to retrieve. Personally, I don't care for it. But it difficult to block through my phone carrier because they can still text from iMessage.

I am not aware of an app that allows you to read them later but hopefully someone else knows of one.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I set the block from utilities but you need the number. And as far as I know, you can't retrieve the messages. sorry to be not be so helpful but if you want to block completely, it works great!

Love from Lenina
Old 04-18-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No idea. I've just used the built-in one on iOS7 that LMN talked about. But that one doesn't let you retrieve the messages.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
He can even leave a message that you will not be able to retrieve. Personally, I don't care for it. But it difficult to block through my phone carrier because they can still text from iMessage.

I am not aware of an app that allows you to read them later but hopefully someone else knows of one.
You can retreive blocked call messages. If they leave you a voicemail, you won't get a notification that a vm was left but it will show up where you would go to retrieve your vm, under "blocked messages.