Notices

crazy thoughts

Old 04-14-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

crazy thoughts

i had my first drink on around the 13th of march 2014. my First drink since december 2013. I came on here and said that i had got drunk and that it would only be for a few days. Well i guess i didnt learn my lesson for the 10000th time. Its been a month and i have been drunk for 70% of the tme.Its gone so quick MY Life was improving before i started drinking but in 4 weeks i have spent all my savings even though its only 500 pounds , missed my work appointments which has caused me a massive backlog. my only friend i have is not speaking to me and my dad wont speak to me after a drunken argument after a day at the football. I Honestly feel like i have a mental illness. If theres any advice i can give to any of you its know matter what youre bad thoughts tell u, do not listen to them but listen to ur soul. youre soul never lies... I just didnt listened this time
Old 04-14-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bradley - maybe it's time to consider something like discussing your problem with your Dr, AA, or even rehab?

Things are not going to get better until you do something about them - y'know?

D
Old 04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bradley, I'm glad you're back, and you're right your soul never lies. The trouble was I stopped listening to my soul, drowned it out, completely ignored it. I had to learn to listen to it again in order to recover.

Do you have a plan?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Bradley. I'm glad you posted about what happened, even though it's painful. I did the same thing over & over. I always thought I would magically have control and just enjoy a few drinks. Once I convinced myself that was never going to happen I was able to stop trying to manage my drinking. It had to stop all together - I couldn't touch the stuff.

It sounds like you're realizing there's nothing good at the bottom of that bottle. I hope you stay and keep posting.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I know about the ups and downs. Been there also.

I needed additional support. So here I am waiting for my first one on one therapist outpatient program I registered to.

Don't try to be a super hero, people need different level of support. Nothing to be shamed about.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
know matter what youre bad thoughts tell u, do not listen to them
Yup.

I've had a voice in my head telling me lies about alcohol for 25 years. I quit listening to it last November and things have got better ever since.

You can do this, too. Rootin' for ya!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The less attention you give that little 'voice', the fainter it becomes until finally you won't hear it at all.