Notices

hating everything

Old 04-13-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JBDS1281

hating everything

Ok so March 24 was 1 yeast sober for me which is great. I felt great about and I've never made it a year in my life. But for the past couple of weeks I've been feeling down and depressed. It's like everything little thing that happens is the end of the world. I haven't felt like that since I first stopped drinking. I've been under alot of stress lately and I just don't feel like I can handle it. I can't seem to get my head around everything I need to deal with. I'm not sure if it's relayed to my recovery or if it's something else but it's incredibly frustrating and I keep feeling like if I go grab a beer or two it'll calm me down and get me out of my own head even though I know that's not the way to go. My girlfriends no help at all cause she thinks I'm just being a jerk. I'm not exactly sure what I should do to Hey my head right again.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's pretty common for people to get squirrelly around their anniversaries. I know I did (when I was previously sober before I went out).

You can do this - you've done so well! Call upon the resources that most helped you this past year. Go to the April 2014 thread and look at all of us (myself included) that are struggling in early sobriety. There's no way you want to go through that again, right?

Hang in there!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JBDS
Congrats on the year

I foind I had to do more than just not drink. I also needed to make changes in my life and to think about the way I thought about things and my perception of myself and the world.

I saw a lot of old bitter former drinkers and I didn't want to end up that way.

You've got a sober life -that's awesome - now maybe it's time to think about the kinds of things that might make you happy in such a life?

D
Old 04-13-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

we're the quick fix people and think one year will get us back to normal, but for me, it was just the beginning (again) but in another place in sobriety than I was in the first year.

ONE YEAR IS AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Keep moving forward!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JBDS1281

Your right sugarbear I definitely thought after a year is be feeling pretty much normal but lately I feel worse. But I've had alot of rough patches the past year and I've made it through them so far. I just hate feeling this way. It's just not me at all. In usually the guy telling other people to think positive now in the guy being told that and when I am it irritates me even more.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

the second year is really interesting, at least it was for me, and at almost 3 years, it's getting much better each day!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by JBDS1281 View Post
Your right sugarbear I definitely thought after a year is be feeling pretty much normal but lately I feel worse. But I've had alot of rough patches the past year and I've made it through them so far. I just hate feeling this way. It's just not me at all. In usually the guy telling other people to think positive now in the guy being told that and when I am it irritates me even more.
Hi JBDS, when I first gave up drinking I thought everything would be peachy by 6 weeks so that was my short term goal. Didn't happen.

I think we impose artificial goals on ourself about lots of things, but life has a way of diverting us. Maybe you can use this time to work out some advanced tactics for your second year of sobriety?