Notices

Broke as **** guys...

Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Broke as **** guys...

pretty much ******....
Blew everything i got in drinks, online betting, video games, weird gadgets, etc.
Blew like 3 credit cards...

the bank say they are taking my home as soon as i inherit it(it is not officially mine) and the local loan shark says he will break my legs.

Im still asking myself how could i ****** it up so bad?

I don't know what to do guys...

help me...
Old 04-11-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are ways around it my friend, incorperate a company, put the title of the house in the companies name. As for the loan shark, you got to stand tall, and be meaner then he is, badder then he is, just go crazy on em, what you got to lose? Make it a show, like you just one crazy loco dude. As for credit cards, easy to rebuild credit, after 7 years your a clean cat. Well you took a drink or you did drugs, not hard to figure out my good ole cyber friend. Have you thought about sobering up?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch, suggest cutting up the cards and approaching the bank and arranging some kind of payment scheme. Most banks are sympathetic if you approach them first and offer some kind of repayment system rather than them finding out by themselves.

Not sure what country you are in but a lot have debt counselling agencies (run by parastatals not private loan sharks) who can help. The big thing is to approach them first before they come knocking on the door.

Any idea when you will have a plan with dealing with the booze?

Good luck and hope you stay around on this forum - there's load of good advice here.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, im going to cut all of them(credit cards).

That idea on the first post could work the same if instead of a company i just transfer it to another person?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Visit one of those debt consolidators/budgetplanners as soon as possible - not sure what to do about the loan shark TBH but I wouldn't try being meaner...

D
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freeman View Post
Thanks guys, im going to cut all of them(credit cards).

That idea on the first post could work the same if instead of a company i just transfer it to another person?
Freeman, sorry you are in this position. I don't think others can give you legal advice on this site. Talk to the bank, and approach an gambling advice service. I think they should be able to inform you on how to minimise the damage, mate.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-11-2014 at 11:42 PM.
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freeman View Post
pretty much ******....
Blew everything i got in drinks, online betting, video games, weird gadgets, etc.
Blew like 3 credit cards...

the bank say they are taking my home as soon as i inherit it(it is not officially mine) and the local loan shark says he will break my legs.

Im still asking myself how could i ****** it up so bad?

I don't know what to do guys...

help me...
There are steps you can take; although, the loan shark may be tricky. And I'm not sure that going badass on him is a good idea. Do you have a job? If so, you may want to consider filing for bankruptcy. Cut up the credit cards and only use checks or cash. Most of all, quit drinking and gambling. If you don't have a job, get one.

Get on Google and do some research and then develop a plan that will get you out of this mess. Oh, and did I mention you should quite drinking and gambling?

You can overcome this, it won't be easy, but it can be done.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-11-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for your support... i will try everything posted here but please don't quote me, i just told a mod to change my username.

thnks guys.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Visit one of those debt consolidators/budgetplanners as soon as possible - not sure what to do about the loan shark TBH but I wouldn't try being meaner...
D
It's an easy thing to agree with Dee, but I would emphasize the part of trying to act meaner. Don't do that.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Same as others, maybe you need to start over again and consider a proposition, or a bankruptcy.

About the shark, don't try anything foolish. You need your legs to walk to sobriety meetings and use your words wisely. Contact him before he does and meet him in a public place, after you talked to the bank. If you wait for him to contact you, well you don't want that.

But still first thing on your list should be achieving sobriety, keep financial second.

Time to take that shovel and dig your way out. We are here being you for support!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fraud

Moving assets around to avoid court judgments, such as required of a bank before it can foreclose, is illegal. It is called fraudulent transfer, and is a crime, not a civil offense, in many states. You could go to jail. Do not take legal advice on addiction message boards.

Your problems are severe. You need legal advice and financial advice from professionals. Abstaining from alcohol and drugs would be good too.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi there!!! Get to a lawyer ASAP. Maybe you have a friend who can refer a family member to help with cost? As hopeless as you feel, there is a way out. Hang in there and good luck!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

There is always a way out. I remember crawling around the car floor looking for pennies, but I'm ok now. Good luck xxxx
Old 04-12-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

are ya sober?
Old 04-12-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post

But still first thing on your list should be achieving sobriety, keep financial second.
this would be wise.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i guess sell your gadgets..consolidate debt..loan shark can't hurt you right..because he is doing illegal activity too..I don't know the law in Venezuela though
Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

EDIT: Oops, didnt see that you live in Venezuela and not the US.......
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
There is always a way out. I remember crawling around the car floor looking for pennies, but I'm ok now. Good luck xxxx
That makes my day
Old 04-12-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FirstTimeAround View Post
That makes my day
Yes, mine too! I had drank and gambled away all my money and was searching the couch cushions for pennies. I remember buying food with a massive handful of dimes and nickels.

Good luck freeman, the first step is getting sober. You will be much better at handling these challenges if you're not drinking. A sober plan is better than a drunk plan. You can do it.