Notices

Seems to be working for me.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seems to be working for me.

I'm on my 4th day sober. I know what a nightmare it is. Big change in habits.(No more going for a pizza - my normal daily excuse to have a litre of wine whilst waiting for the pizza to be ready 88 euros saved;-). Instead of smoking 1 1/2packets of cigarettes per day, one packet in 4 days 18 euros saved. 1 bottle of wine per night 32 euros saved. 138 euros saved in 4days!.
Every time I think of a drink, I try to see it in the following way. Alcohol is an ex-girlfriend. I spent a lot of fun times with her, but at the end it just wasn't working. Now, my new girlfriend (sobriety) is so much nicer. I love her so much and look forward to being with her everyday.
It means that I can still look back at the nice times I had with alcohol and not embrace new nice times being sober.
Don't know if it'll help you, but by repeating this to myself every time I want a drink makes me happy and see it as if I'm giving myself something instead of feeling like I'm denying myself something.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am 2 weeks sober today. Stay in there. It does seem to get easier. I am much happier now. I hope you fair well this weekend. Know you have online friends that wish you happiness and wellness.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on day 4 xxx
Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks! I didn't realise I was an alcoholic until last week. It was such a shock. First few hours I thought well if you don't drink tonight you're not an alcoholic, just someone who likes a bottle of wine at night. Evening came (so did 2 bottles of wine) Time to admit I'm an alcoholic. ;-)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love it, thanks!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You'd have though I'd noticed earlier. The 40 empty wine bottles on the balcony, should have given me a clue ;-)
Good to have a support forum, so that we can talk about it. I was too ashamed to tell my doctor, friends and family.
Thanks all of you :-)
Old 04-10-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 days and WELCOME.
I never paid attention to how much I was spending on alcohol until I wasn't. I am investing the monthly amount and occasionally treat myself to something special.