Notices

Sneaky AV

Old 04-10-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sneaky AV

Hello, I'm on day 81 an things are going well, I don't have the urge to drink an I'm doing well around people that drink. Then today my av creeped up on me an reminded me about all the summer activities an how fun it is to drink on a summer day with friends . Weather it's at the beach, camping, picnics.. It had my head spinning an I started thinking maybe I can learn to drink in moderation, which I don't think I could for very long. I'm just frustrated it will be tough to pull threw.. For anyone on their first couple days it does get better , but you always got to be prepared for a day like this. I will win this battle
Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those summer days...
Reminds me of the time I was in Lake Tahoe in late July. Just hanging out on the beach with my new "friends". We were having a great time. Beer tequila and many more beers. I don't recall when I left the room. But when I came around, my brand new Buck Folding Knife was gone with a few other things. After fifteen minutes of stumbling around searching in denial, I finally realized that one of my new "friends" took my s*** and was gone. And the sunburn - ouch. Oh, those summer days...

Keep reminding yourself that these small battles are what wins the war.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am dreading those summer days too!!! Summer activities either involved or ended with some refreshing
Libations.....just thinking of the days after, oh those bad bad vodka hangovers and the dry heaves, headaches.....yuck!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh yes, that sneaky AV. About 2 weeks ago out of the blue I started thinking to myself, "I can have just a glass of wine with my Chinese food tonight" and a moment later reality hit and the other side of my brain reminded me that I could NEVER have just 1 glass of anything, lol! It's interesting though how it will just pop up like that every once in awhile. It's is sneaky - very, very sneaky!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I believe you'll win too My Time

Those rosy daydream are hard to counter but I just forced myself to remember all the summer afternoons, days at the beach, or camping trips I got wasted on.

I spoilt things for others and I got embarrassing.

The ironic thing is I make more of my summers now I'm sober.
You will too