Courage To Change 03/23/14

Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 03/23/14

Alcoholism has contributed to many dashed hopes, broken dreams, and considerable pain in my life. I do not wish to dwell in these feelings, but neither do I wish to turn my back on them. Al-Anon is helping me to face even the most unpleasant aspects of my past. By taking hold of the hands of those in the fellowship, I am able to feel the pain and mourn the losses, and to move on.
These feelings are a deep part of me; when they come knocking at the door of my awareness, I wish to open it and let them in. I need to treat myself with the same care and respect that I would an Al-Anon member sharing pain, confusion, and turmoil at a meeting. Only in this way can I become whole and at peace.

Today's Reminder

They say that pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. If I learn to accept that pain is a part of life, I will be better able to endure the difficult times and then move on, leaving the pain behind me.

"… when we long for life without…difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."

~Peter Marshall