Notices

The 3rd day...

Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The 3rd day...

So far things have not been going as I had pictured them in my mind. I've been taking things 1 day at a time as mentioned on numerous boards and posts here and it's been alright. I spent some time talking to my husband this morning while making breakfast. He came up to me and quietly asked how I was really feeling. I had to think about what "really feeling" meant. I had to chuckle because my honest answer to him was that I felt rested and a bit more at ease. I was able to talk to him without even having my cup of coffee. Most who know me would say to NEVER speak to me before I spoke to Folgers, lol. This morning was the first time a long time that I can remember that he looked at me like he was proud of me.

I was proud of myself. It is day 3 for me in this new way of living and I'm alright! I have found myself snacking around the clock. Before I had a bad habit of having coffee for breakfast, a little crap for lunch while on break at work and then tons of grease before bed (only if I hadn't already passed out). I'm thinking of looking into joining the YMCA if I can swing the funds. I'm not sure if I'm eating to replace the liquor, or eating because my body really needs it. I'm pretty sure that at the rate I've been shovelling food down my throat the past 2 days it couldn't be all that healthy. My headaches have started to back off a bit as well. I still have a really bad one when I first wake up in the morning though.

I've noticed that my mom is starting to try and talk to me more. I'm really not ready to deal with her just yet, but oh well. I know she is concerned and coming at me from a place of love. I just happen to find her annoying as bat crap and nosey.

I'm in the library typing this smiling at the screen. I feel tears coming again but I'm pretty sure these are the ones of joy. I'm taking it all 1 day at a time
Old 03-13-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not how you expected, but a much better place to be in, your proud, your husband is proud and your on 3 Days!!

Keep it going, SR is proud!!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go on three days! Sounds like things are already getting better for you.
I wouldn't worry about eating too much, it sure beats drinking.

Have a happ day!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!! Ya i am working on day 4.and i had the exact same experience...i never talk in the morning but by day 3 i was some how able to talk a bit when i woke up and not be annoyed. congrats and to any of you on day one or two, keep at it! SR Rocks!!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You're doing great xxxx
Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Randummy

I'm on my third day too and aside from a cold, I'm feeling loads better this evening. Waking up this morning completely non-groggy was amazing!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there, one moment at a time if necessary as it will get better if we let it. the old timers often suggested to eat sweets that the body may be craving as it got it's supply from the missing alcohol. Might be worth a try.

BE WELL
Old 03-13-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all! I plan on picking up a pint of ice cream when I pick my son up from school today. All of this talk of sweets is making my hungry
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Brilliant news, Keep going!!

Im eating loads too lol, never mind, thats the least of our worries, have a good day

Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Chaos,

I'm sitting here in the library with tears in my eyes.

Thanks for the heartfelt post

......I don't know if drinking more water may help with your morning headaches,

Probably just projecting , trying to drink more water myself !?!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Congrats on Day 3!

I would suggest making sure you're hydrated since the body can mistake dehydration for hunger.

Hang in there!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 3! I'm there too! I just keep telling myself that I like waking up in the morning feeling refreshed. Keep going!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Chaos,
Congrats on the 3 days. You write very well. If you can't afford a gun just now there are other ways to get fit for free.

Good on you.
Caihong
Old 03-13-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I always found day three to be the worst. Sounds like you're doing everything right. I'm glad you're feeling so positive and happy.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Chaos,

I'm sitting here in the library with tears in my eyes.
Don't cry for me Argentina! lol. I'm happy that you were able to express something. We can make it. 1 day at a time. I'm thankful for this active community here. Through others words I've been able to make through the night.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Chaos,
Congrats on the 3 days. You write very well. If you can't afford a gun just now there are other ways to get fit for free.

Good on you.
Caihong
Thank you. My writing is starting to pick up some. The brain fog I have been fighting is starting to clear up some. You should see the first post I posted here. Even though it was 4 days ago, I laugh at how I couldn't complete a full sentence or thought.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you Chaos. Those first few days are rough, but you sound optimistic & determined. Well done.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So happy for you.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

We are all on the same boat! Hang in there it should all get better, I love waking up and not feeling numb and hid behind coffee. That to me is a real big accomplishment and not trying to hid my breath with gum.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Proud of you Chaos. Those first few days are rough, but you sound optimistic & determined. Well done.
I'm trying to stay in the moment and right now it feels great!!! Thanks. SR has really been helping me through