Notices

Annoying people !

Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Annoying people !

Feeling bit angry... Some people really annoy me.... Feeling dismissed.... Just cause I didn't keep my sobriety date I'm left out.... It's feels like that group thing..... I will get over it.... On day 8 made it through a Thursday..... Not joining a class again..... Clicky...... Have to put it out there so I don't bottle it up because that is dangerous for me..... And we all know where that will lead.... Self sabotage !!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Liss - I know it's easy to be sensitive...but go look again at the thread.
Noones leaving you out

D
Old 03-13-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8, liss. I am sorry that you are feeling left out. (It is so hard sometimes to get the the true feel for what someone has written in an e- mail, blog etc. as we can't simultaneously see the faces or read the body language of the person behind the written word; sometimes what is written can be taken the wrong way.)

Anyway, I hope you keep posting. I have always found your posts to be straightforward and useful.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clearly tired.... Over sensitive !!!!! Feel better expressing myself sorry if I upset anyone..... Early recover, last few days with family stuff I'm really really tired.... Got nothing else to give..... Sigh.... Wanna drink but I'm holding on to my light that is a little dim ...... I don't really want to drink it makes me so ILL.... And I just get depressed....so yuck!!!! So NO drinking...., I'm all over the place.... Early night I think.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries Liss.
Rest up and take it easy

D
Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I completely and totally understand, liss.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Congrats on day 8, liss. I am sorry that you are feeling left out. (It is so hard sometimes to get the the true feel for what someone has written in an e- mail, blog etc. as we can't simultaneously see the faces or read the body language of the person behind the written word; sometimes what is written can be taken the wrong way.) Anyway, I hope you keep posting. I have always found your posts to be straightforward and useful.
Thank you so much... I have to say how I feel or I will drink... Even know I'm being super sensitive...,OMG.... Freeeeee me from self bondage lol xxx..... I could not leave, I need to start helping others .... Like everyone has helped me
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm just annoying myself really
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Liss. I've been told I am a little cranky, too, ha! Better than being drunk, right? This phase shall pass....
Old 03-13-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Liss
You are doing well. Seems to me you are going through the trials of very early recovery and it does ease off. I have found that my perspective has much improved and that my skin has grown a lot thicker as the days and months pass.
Try not to beat yourself up. We are past masters of that and it is just another of the things we need to let go of as we mature in sobriety.
Lots to learn but if you are not drinking then you must allow yourself a pat on the back from time to time. What you are doing is monumental!!!:
Go safely.
G
Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sometimes my skin is not very thick either and silly things get the better of me. Just wrap yourself up in cotton wool and look after yourself Liss x
Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

try to bear in mind that "people" are people through our own filters as well...

And it's only US we can change.

That's not to say that sometimes we're better off not relating with some folks at all, but when we find ourselves generally annoyed by PEOPLE - sometimes there's something going on with US that needs attention.

Happy Sober Thursday

Old 03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Liss, sorry you're feeling left out. I can assure you your not. Just look at the responses you received when you reached out. There is a LOT of love and care here.
We are in the early days of recovery from a horrible controlling monster, who wants so desperately to get back into our lives with a vengance, and we're battling valiantly against him.
So it's no wonder we can all get a bit tetchy at times.
Hang on in there. We're both on Day 8. We've got a whole week down.
Pats on the back all round
Old 03-13-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Congrats on day 8, liss. I am sorry that you are feeling left out. (It is so hard sometimes to get the the true feel for what someone has written in an e- mail, blog etc. as we can't simultaneously see the faces or read the body language of the person behind the written word; sometimes what is written can be taken the wrong way.) Anyway, I hope you keep posting. I have always found your posts to be straightforward and useful.
This is so true. When I read posts how I take them is in tune to my frame of mind at that moment.

Thinking of you liss, This is such a tough road but I know you can do it.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Aka

Congratulations on day 8!! I have to somewhat agree with you on the click thing that's why prefer to read more than post.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR is one of the most welcoming sites out there but as a new sensitive raw guy I remember feeling things were cliquey too.

Looking back now I can honestly say that was my own insecurity at play.

People here do everything they can to make other people feel welcome and part of the gang.
We remember the rawness, the strangeness and fear of being nearly clean or newly sober

I recommend anyone new joins the Class of March support thread - I read and post in it everyday - I guarantee you'll get a warm welcome and a lot of support

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-10.html

D
Old 03-13-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Liss,
It's great that you can express your annoyance and even better that we understand and accept it as part of getting sober and being human. I was incredibly cranky and sensitive in the early days of sobriety. It does get easier, I still have my days but my self awareness has greatly improved with sobriety.
Hang in there

CaiHong
Old 03-13-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely liss!

How are you today? You are doing so well; and you are very important to all of us!!

Many hugs,

V xx