Notices

hello : )

Old 03-11-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello : )

Hi everyone ,I am so glad to have found this site and people that understand what I am going thru but also wish I never had to be in this situation or anyone else I wouldn't want this for anyone .I have been a addict as far back as I can rember I just didn't know a title for it I have had love addiction food addiction drug addiction which I still crave each and every day. I have sold my soul for addiction and then one day I hit what people call rock bottom and started looking for ways to try to help me. I was tired of lying and stealing to pay for my drug of choice vicodin. I tried talking to my husband of almost 5 years but all he said was just stop he threatened me with leaving me but he was also part of my addiction I purposefully picked a man that is very cold because I thought he was what I deserved being the loser I am.So long story short I read on methadone and suboxone and I chose suboxone strips I have been on them since july 31 2013 and feel like hell ya they help me and then hell ya I am hooked on these now I over used them one month and I ran out 6 days before my refill I was so sick depressed suicidal and my dear and I use that loosely husband said good now you can stop costing me money every month 25 for the doc and 35 a month for the strips he doesn't care about me or my health I have no family only him and his family is just like him I have tried to go to a meeting but found it easier to get drugs there so I don't know what else to do thanks for reading my rambling I wish you all the best in your road to trying to do this .
Old 03-11-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sorry you are having a tough time. Sober Recovery is a great place to get information and support to help you break the addiction. Glad you found us! How can we help?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome Crazyheart xxxxx
Old 03-12-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome crazyheart;
I'm sorry you have had such a rough time with addiction
but I understand, having been there too with alcohol.

If you aren't getting any support at home, I suggest you try to
go to some meetings as well as post on SR.

Face-to face support can be so helpful when you decide to quit

Best of luck and remember that you are worth it. You are on your way
to really getting control back in your life
Old 03-12-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm happy you've found this site and took the step to join in. I've been here only a short while and I've found help here. Reading has helped a lot when I get the urge to drink. I don't have background in drugs. I pray you can get the help you need.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi CrazyHeart - welcome

I'm sorry for your situation. If there's no support at home, then lean on the support and advice here and elsewhere.

Unfortunately there's always going to be people around who aren't good for your recovery.

if you're finding it easy to get drugs at meetings maybe you need find a different meeting...or hang around different people?

You really need to want to get clean and that needs to be reflected in the decisions you make and the company you keep I think?

D
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi CrazyHeart - welcome. You will find much support on this site. Keep on posting.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! We also have a suboxone/methadone forum you might find interesting. Give it a look.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 03-12-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to meet you CrazyHeart. You found a great place for friendship and support. We are with you on this journey - and we know you can reclaim your life.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome to SR, CrazyHeart
Old 03-12-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

To avoid that I would get to the meeting right as it is starting and leave when it's over. There certainly will not be someone selling drugs in the meeting . And you would really have to be looking for them specifically for a person to risk being found out.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, you have come to the right place for support and ppl going through similar problems, whatever the drug x
Old 03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Welcome!

I'm right there with you. I have traded one addiction for another. It sucks and it's a vicious cycle. Hang in there.