Notices

6 1/2 weeks...still dizzy spells?

Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 1/2 weeks...still dizzy spells?

Hello all, I haven't been on in sometime, I've been so busy living sober and really enjoying it. Well in the 1st couple weeks of sobriety I was having dizzy spells but they eventually seemed to go away. Well about a week ago they came back. Let me say that I don't feel feint or anything, just I feel unbalanced every now and then. I saw my doctor today and he didnt really seem to concerned with it. I will say that I've been really pushing myself at the gym and think that I maybe over doing it. The doc said my blood pressure was perfect and my weight is ideal for my height. He suggested that I'm not eating enough complex carbs and suggested more oats etc. he said I'm almost 7 weeks sober, working out and by all accounts doing a great thing for myself. Regardless of his reassuring words, I'm still uneasy with this dizziness. Finally my question to you folks. Did anybody here experience dizzy spells 6 weeks into sobriety? Any info from other alcoholics on this matter would greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Old 02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I was dizzy for 6/7 weeks and my Dr didn't seem concerned, I'd get a second opinion Vincenzo.

D
Old 02-27-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am 5 months and still experience dizziness. Have had so many tests,(surprised my insurance hasnt dropped me!) just recently another MRI, Balance Test and MRA, all clear. It drives me crazy and sometimes throws me into a panic. I just pray it will end. We just have to hang in there, we didn't get ourselves in this place overnight.