Putting the Positive in our Lives

Old 02-25-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Putting the Positive in our Lives

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Put something positive

Put something positive in your world. Circumstances, events and other people can’t be depended on to do it, so step up and do it yourself.

There are plenty of influences in your life that can lead to dismay and disappointment. Fortunately, you don’t have to be one of those disappointing influences.

You can put something positive in your life any time you choose to do so. Go ahead and choose this day, this moment, and this place to do so.

You know you’ll be much more effective with a positive perspective. So do something good for yourself and for your world.

There are all too many things to feel bad about. Use a little time today to do something you can truly feel good about.

Put something good and positive in your world today. Give yourself the gift and the power of a fresh, new positive outlook.

— Ralph Marston
Old 02-25-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good post.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I read this today, I love his daily readings, and it made me thing about how little conscious effort I put into making my life more positive each day.

I may do the big things, but I seem complacent about the little things and that's what gets me every time...complacency.

I'm not working today, I ran errands this morning and have dinner already made ready to heat up at dinner time...so..I can waste my day, maybe nap (but I'm really not tired nor needing sleep), watch useless TV programs and eat OR I can do something positive for me.

I choose the latter. As soon as I finish posting this I will bundle up and take a winter walk. I'm not sure where I'll go, the snow paths will lead me and I will take my camera in case I meet any deer along the way.

This is positive because I need the exercise, the fresh air and to connect with nature if only for an hour or so.

How about you? What little thing (or big) will you do today to put back the positive light and restore your spirit?
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

love it Ann! Thanks for posting ~

something positive for me is of course to have PINK things around me ~ it reminds me to be kind, courteous and loving not only to others but also to myself.

another positive thing I do is share a gratitude list with a few friends via text messages and they share theirs with me ~ awesome way to keep the focus on the positives in our lives!

pink hugs to all
Old 02-25-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

whenever my daughter and her beau go on vacation, i am first dibs for cat duty. she has a tiny little kitty, thing is about the size of a chihuahua and all i have to do is go over every other day, put out new food, water, clean any deposits out of the litter box and water her marigolds. no biggie. EXCEPT she lives no where near me nor anywhere near work nor even remotely on the way to either. so from my house "zipping" over to the feed the cat take about an hour and a half round trip - must include petting time. however since this is ALL she ever asks of me, i willingly agree to maintain my Mother of the Year status.

renee had given me shortcut directions that i could use from my office, so i got on my smarter-than-the-last-one phone, i fired up google maps and plunked in the info and it expertly guided me there! now obviously i know how to get HOME from her place but i thought i wonder if i choose the "No Highways" option if it can find me a different route. by then it was about 4:30 and traffic on SB 167 and/or I5 just sux the big one. so i plotted my coordinates and said Take me Home and put my faith in the GPS lady.

it was an adventure! me, who likes things planned, who hates to run late, who always is the one to say I know a short cut, which turns out to be anything but....i just toodled along and looked at the scenery and following directions! it was FUN! and i avoided some really icky traffic. and just for fun i let her talk me all the way to my driveway, like i'd never been there before!

i didn't even have the radio on as i feared i'd miss some critical turn. no news, weather and traffic on the 4s. didn't even put on my latest audiobook cuz i wasn't sure the GPS mapper would work while it was on....so it was mostly silent and just.....pleasant.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love the pink things idea and I am thinking maybe tomorrow I will buy myself some spring flowers and pretend it is almost here...we still have several feet of snow on the ground so spring flowers will lift my spirits.

Anvil, my smarter than the last one phone has GPS too. In a typical codie fashion...I haven't trusted it. But you have inspired me to go out for a drive in my own neck of the woods and just call out places I want the GPS lady to talk me to. How can it not be fun?

My snow walk was pretty good. I got more exercise than I planned just wandering around snow banks so I then tried to walk along the bay and stepped in some deep snow and lost my boot..and then tried to get it out without falling over in the snow...which of course I did. But in the end it felt good, I got some fresh air and sunshine, not to mention a snowy foot, lol, but I'm game for another walk tomorrow.

I love that this reading got me out of my chair and out the door today. I need to pay more attention to the good cues all around me. Life is calling me to participate and I need to join the fun.

Hugs
Old 02-25-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I exercise...the double benefit is the endorphins, which I can really use. I especially love it if if can be outside and the sun is shining. If I haven't exercised and the winter dreary sky has been here for days...that's when my personal dreary gets worse.

I also started something when I moved to my new place. I've NEVER bought flowers before. Waste of money. But I keep a vase in the middle of the kitchen that gets a new bunch of $5 flowers every other week. It really brightens my days. I never quite appreciated flowers until now!